• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HMRC Self Assessment"

Collapse

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Has that PSC question gone because I didn't see it anywhere?
    its been removed since last year.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Just done mine. No idea why, but I'm owed £380. Yaay! Usually this indicates they're about to flip up my tax code again, like they did twice last year.

Has that PSC question gone because I didn't see it anywhere?

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Financial Times: Thousands at risk of tax errors as HMRC’s software struggles. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwuqnA5jQ

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by trilby View Post
    They've corrected the payment deadline to 31st January 2018 now, but it still keeps referring to "payment on account for 2016-17" instead of "2017-18". That includes this help page which says that:
    "You may want to reduce your payments on account (including reducing to nil) if you expect your 2016-17 income to be lower than 2016 to 2017."

Do they test any of this stuff before unleashing it on the public?
    They can't they don't have the contractors anymore.

Leave a comment:

• trilby
    replied
    They've corrected the payment deadline to 31st January 2018 now, but it still keeps referring to "payment on account for 2016-17" instead of "2017-18". That includes this help page which says that:
    "You may want to reduce your payments on account (including reducing to nil) if you expect your 2016-17 income to be lower than 2016 to 2017."

Do they test any of this stuff before unleashing it on the public?

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Finally got it working mid afternoon. submitted and paid the outstanding as well.
    I know it's very early, but I like to know what is in my account is really mine.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by gbonner View Post
    I just filled in my SA return, when I go to the view calculation page it says total due by 31 Jan 2017. I filled in the return for tax year 2016/17...
    [tinhat]That's so they can charge you late payment interest... [/tinhat]

Leave a comment:

• gbonner
    replied
    I just filled in my SA return, when I go to the view calculation page it says total due by 31 Jan 2017. I filled in the return for tax year 2016/17...

Leave a comment:

• dmini
    replied
    Beware. Someone posted there was a bug in it .... calculating wrongly (in their favour)

Leave a comment:

• trilby
    replied
    Pretty sure they've messed up the dates - when I get to the end it tells me:

You must pay the total of any tax and class 4 NIC due for 2016-17 plus first payment on account due for 2016-17 by 31 January 2017.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Time to clear your browser cache perhaps?
    Thanks, but made no difference

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    Still not working for me.
    Time to clear your browser cache perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Still not working for me.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Given that they owe me a few grand I`ll be pushing mine through ASAP, too

Leave a comment:

• Patrick@Intouch
    replied
    I've just checked and it seems to be working now, possibly just being too eager for HMRC!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X