• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PI & Public Liability insurance up for renewal"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Just had my renewal from Direct Line Business today...£20m employers liability, £2m public liability, £1k business equipment cover at home, specific cover for my phone (although annoying capped at £500), iPad and laptop while away from the home, for the grand sum of £84.

There's some overlap with my home insurance policy which does cover *some* business equipment but not things like my laptop while on client sites.
    That's the only reason why I didn't go with Direct Line.

Leave a comment:

• missinggreenfields
    replied
    Just had my renewal from Direct Line Business today...£20m employers liability, £2m public liability, £1k business equipment cover at home, specific cover for my phone (although annoying capped at £500), iPad and laptop while away from the home, for the grand sum of £84.

There's some overlap with my home insurance policy which does cover *some* business equipment but not things like my laptop while on client sites.

I paid £104 yesterday for less coverage with them

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    QDOS for Professional Indemnity, Caunce O'Hara for everything else.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
    Have been with QDOS for both until now. Already covered for IR35 by IPSE.

Has anyone found better options?
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Not found better than QDOS for PI but their public and employers liability is not great value. I get both with business equipment cover from Direct Line Business for less than I was paying QDOS and the PL is higher too.
    Thanks for the heads up, the same PL and EL cover on Directline is 45% cheaper than QDOS

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Not found better than QDOS for PI but their public and employers liability is not great value. I get both with business equipment cover from Direct Line Business for less than I was paying QDOS and the PL is higher too.

Leave a comment:

• Qdos Contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by ruasonid View Post
    I use Bauer & Cottrell for my contracts. Not looking for a better price as such. QDOS renewal quoted for an additional product Tax Enquiry Insurance which I did not recall purchasing. When I checked they said I had it free for last 2 months (though I have no notification to that effect) and so it was included in the renewal quote (which was higher, obviously).
    Hi ruasonid - obviously we are 100% biased here so I'm not going to mention anything about our service. I just want to clear up re the Tax Enquiry Insurance issue you have raised. Apologies that you have not received any notification of this offer, we send out notifications by email to tell you that you have 2 months free TEI which you can remove any time. This notification also explains the price of TEI at renewal and that you are not in any way obligated to take it - we also amended our renewal system to make it easy for you to remove the product from your quote. Your email renewal reminders and our customer service team should make it clear that this was an additional product that you had received free for 2 months as well (please let me know if you disagree).
    Not much use to you as you didn't receive it! but I assure you that it was not simply added to your account without any efforts to give you all the necessary information. Any information you may be able to provide e.g. your email client, which might help us discover if there are wider issues with these notifications getting through would be appreciated - PM me if you would like.

Apologies again that you feel you now need to leave us

Gemma

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Hiscox here. Seemed to be the cheapest when I looked.

Leave a comment:

• ruasonid
    replied
    I use Bauer & Cottrell for my contracts. Not looking for a better price as such. QDOS renewal quoted for an additional product Tax Enquiry Insurance which I did not recall purchasing. When I checked they said I had it free for last 2 months (though I have no notification to that effect) and so it was included in the renewal quote (which was higher, obviously).

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    +1 QDOS all the way, used 2 of my three free reviews last year which means that I got the insurance practically free!
    Not sure it's 3 anymore unless you have TLC35 as well. Some thing has changed but not sure of the exact details.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Don't forget you get a free IR35 review with the QDOS one. What else are looking for when you say better besides prices?
    +1 QDOS all the way, used 2 of my three free reviews last year which means that I got the insurance practically free!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Don't forget you get a free IR35 review with the QDOS one. What else are looking for when you say better besides prices?

Leave a comment:

• Darren at Fox-Bartfield
    replied
    Insurance

Have you tried the likes of Caunce O'Hara?

Leave a comment:

• ruasonid
    started a topic PI & Public Liability insurance up for renewal

PI & Public Liability insurance up for renewal

Have been with QDOS for both until now. Already covered for IR35 by IPSE.

Has anyone found better options?

Working...
X