• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "can I claim back my IPSE membership?"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I guess PC will be posting a thread about that shortly. Outrageous.
    I pay for it personally and claim as an expense. And yes my accountant is aware of this and agrees.

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    I think I can take the hit...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
    Might be worth reviewing with the div tax. Esp with the £2.35 a year price increase!!!
    I guess PC will be posting a thread about that shortly. Outrageous.

Leave a comment:

• teapot418
    replied
    Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    I pay for it personally.... Sure I was advise to do so.... No idea by who though
    Might be worth reviewing with the div tax. Esp with the £2.35 a year price increase!!!

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    I pay for it personally.... Sure I was advise to do so.... No idea by who though

Leave a comment:

• Kenny@MyAccountantFriend
    replied
    As the company is not receiving tax relief on the expense and I don't believe they would have the cover of the company was removed from the equation I would not include it on a P11d, although I know others do.

To my knowledge it has not been tested either way by HMRC.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by Kenny@MyAccountantFriend View Post
    Yes it can be a company expense, however it is not allowable for Corporation tax so won't save your company any tax.

Personally you will likely be better off paying via the company due to the dividend tax most likely payable if drawn from the company as a dividend to make payment.
    Does (should) it include class 1a ni ?

I am sure lots will just put it through an not exclude it from the ct calc anyway.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It's not on the approved list though is it. Minor and pretty irrelevant point but kind of interesting. Isn't it something to do with them possibly having to disclose membership and they refused. I can't remember now.
    I believe that is exactly it. They didn't want HMRC to have membership details...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    It's not on the approved list though is it. Minor and pretty irrelevant point but kind of interesting. Isn't it something to do with them possibly having to disclose membership and they refused. I can't remember now.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by cinek View Post
    thanks, just wanted to double check as I need to fill out my p11d questionnaire
    We had a discussion about this last year - IIRC, as long as the membership is in yourCo name, it doesn't need to go on the P11D.

Leave a comment:

• cinek
    replied
    thanks, just wanted to double check as I need to fill out my p11d questionnaire

Leave a comment:

• Kenny@MyAccountantFriend
    replied
    Yes it can be a company expense, however it is not allowable for Corporation tax so won't save your company any tax.

Personally you will likely be better off paying via the company due to the dividend tax most likely payable if drawn from the company as a dividend to make payment.

Leave a comment:

• cinek
    started a topic can I claim back my IPSE membership?

can I claim back my IPSE membership?

as per the title, can I claim back my IPSE membership or should it come out of my own pocket?

Working...
X