• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spam email purportedly from SJD"

Collapse

• sofaofthedamned
    replied
    It may have been their mailing list providers that was compromised.

I've bought a couple of things from partsgateway for my car, and I get spam to [email protected] - a bit of Googling showed other people had the same issue.

Obviously reporting this to the company elicited no response as usual.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    I'm an ex SJD customer and got the exact same email.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Slightly convoluted route as myco domain is alias for mydomain, which fwds to my mypersonal gmail account ...
    I rarely use myCo's email address - but I was an SJD customer, so they would have it on their list.

Code:
    Delivered-To: [email protected]
    Received: by 10.107.10.99 with SMTP id u96csp25123ioi;
            Wed, 20 Jan 2016 22:55:56 -0800 (PST)
    X-Received: by 10.28.23.5 with SMTP id 5mr8447490wmx.82.1453359356366;
    Return-Path: <[email protected]>
    Received: from smtp-in-132.livemail.co.uk (smtp-in-132.livemail.co.uk. [213.171.216.132])
            by mx.google.com with ESMTP id qr6si58401878wjc.206.2016.01.20.22.55.56
            for <[email protected]>;
    Received-SPF: fail (google.com: domain of [email protected] does not designate 213.171.216.132 as permitted sender) client-ip=213.171.216.132;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
           spf=fail (google.com: domain of [email protected] does not designate 213.171.216.132 as permitted sender) [email protected];
           dkim=pass [email protected]
    Received: from Postfix-filter-42a77884ce2a0a03efc6bb50a6dcdb21 (smtp-in-132 [127.0.0.1])
    	by smtp-in-132.livemail.co.uk (Postfix) with SMTP id EF5E61E694C
    	for <[email protected]>; Thu, 21 Jan 2016 06:55:55 +0000 (GMT)
    Received: from smtp-in-76.livemail.co.uk (smtp-in-77.livemail.co.uk [213.171.216.77])
    	by smtp-in-132.livemail.co.uk (Postfix) with ESMTP id E14E31E694C
    Received: from Postfix-filter-42a77884ce2a0a03efc6bb50a6dcdb21 (localhost [127.0.0.1])
    	by smtp-in-76.livemail.co.uk (Postfix) with SMTP id C66E765425A
    Received: from magma.dh.bytemark.co.uk (magma.dh.bytemark.co.uk [212.110.172.201])
    	by smtp-in-76.livemail.co.uk (Postfix) with ESMTP id B8DC265425A
    Received: by magma.dh.bytemark.co.uk (Postfix, from userid 33)
    	id 1ACD59C6817; Thu, 21 Jan 2016 06:55:54 +0000 (GMT)
    DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=sjdaccountancy.com;
    	s=magma; t=1453359355;
    	bh=x2QlL43nZcpRPOllgG6af+8UuHwfo00rNWEAwsLE4o0=;
    	h=To:Subject:Date:From;
    	b=fdNT0+tnKD06CJrRlUNNKvbHi5u7kWU7BOTo21cD2mzAb9er3rwka8l5NXG7dzPkY
    	 gF5gKH0VG4IvBqkYkyzqV1fcwbJefbM4tzz7WeWFnceCdPSXYgCCTh51T3yiI/ImjA
    	 Hzu0bf5sii+37wt2MjXGzzcCbOaMRLZn9MO59Xrw=
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Have you tried this quiz yet? (94% of people Fail)
    X-PHP-Originating-Script: 0:class.phpmailer.php
    Recieved: 
    Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 06:55:54 +0000
    Message-ID: <e86a993a06278fcb3253ae86eef27f1e@newsletterslondon.sjdaccountancy.com>
    Errors-To: [email protected]
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    	boundary="b1_e86a993a06278fcb3253ae86eef27f1e"
    X-Original-To: [email protected]

--b1_e86a993a06278fcb3253ae86eef27f1e
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset = "UTF-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    Last edited by mudskipper; 31 January 2016, 10:48.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Probably spoof e-mails...
    That's my thought. It's easy enough to make an email look like it's come from any email address at all. Can someone publish the email headers here?

Leave a comment:

• SneakySimon
    replied
    Agreed, definitely from there domain - the email chain address was perfect, even the email signature is correct of the accountant.

I suspect they are trying to not freak people out that essentially, someone has got past there firewall.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by openshac View Post
    Yep I received the vegetable email as well. When I contacted SJD they said: If it was fake and not sent by SJD why would their IT team be looking into it?
    I have yet to receive a response to my contact

Mine was was signed by sjdaccountancy.com when I looked at the headers - I'm not an expert on this stuff, but as far as I could tell it came from their domain.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 30 January 2016, 20:07.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    Originally posted by openshac View Post
    Yep I received the vegetable email as well. When I contacted SJD they said: If it was fake and not sent by SJD why would their IT team be looking into it?
    Presumably because there has been a leak of their email database?

Leave a comment:

• openshac
    replied
    Yep I received the vegetable email as well. When I contacted SJD they said:
    Thank you for forwarding this across. This is a fake email which has not been sent by SJD Accountancy. Our IT team our looking into this issue.
    If it was fake and not sent by SJD why would their IT team be looking into it?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Probably spoof e-mails. The same thing happened to my yahoo mail account. Once the contact list is out there it goes on for months using different e-mail pseudonyms that sound plausible.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 30 January 2016, 13:24.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    And the reason they use a spreadsheet rather than an on line portal is that it's less hackable

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Just had one come through from Emma Jeffrey at SJD Accountancy with something about John Thornhill's 3 Step Success Blueprint. I get $197 just for attending apparently... Bargain!!!!

Saying that I thought IPSE were spamming me male growth products in the mail below titled 'Impoved Member Get Member Offer'........

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Anyone else had a spam email about vegetables purportedly from [email protected]?

I'm an ex-customer, and the email has come to my business address, which I don't generally use apart from work stuff (and don't generally get spam to).

I'll drop them a line...

Yep, I got the same email. Thought it was very odd, then noticed it was send to an old personal email account, not the MyCo accoint that I use with SJD.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Click here
    What could possibly go wrong?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
    I also got the vegetable email - at first I though it was as NL suggested, some kind of modern marketing that sailed over my head but when I clicked on the link (clients shared PC in the coffee shop!), it takes you to a dodgy fat-loss website in the US - also, the email is badly constructed and another link at the bottom takes you into SJD email settings on there server - they have blocked this now.

I also found in my email spam, another email from my old SJD accountant that came in on Monday morning - this one was about company start ups you could invest in - the email went 'New message - please read'. More concerningly, this one had several other SJD clients email / names on it.

Not had chance to message my accountant.
    I'm no longer a customer, but I have emailed the address on the top of their 'contact us' page. Sounds like there is an issue.

Leave a comment:

• SneakySimon
    replied
    I also got the vegetable email - at first I though it was as NL suggested, some kind of modern marketing that sailed over my head but when I clicked on the link (clients shared PC in the coffee shop!), it takes you to a dodgy fat-loss website in the US - also, the email is badly constructed and another link at the bottom takes you into SJD email settings on there server - they have blocked this now.

I also found in my email spam, another email from my old SJD accountant that came in on Monday morning - this one was about company start ups you could invest in - the email went 'New message - please read'. More concerningly, this one had several other SJD clients email / names on it.

Not had chance to message my accountant.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X