• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "ltd company retail shop owner wants to do driving on same company"

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by hgvtrucker View Post
    i own a retail shop and business goes very slow in winter so i have closed for a few days in the week . Is it ok to do hgv driving work on the same ltd company to help keep the shop going ie contribute towards rent and shop bills etc or would this have to be done as a seperate business thanks
    Yes, its OK to run more than one line of business through a single limited. Ive done it and it didnt create any problems for the accountant, HMRC or anyone else!

Just make sure both income streams and their expenses are readily identifiable.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by fidot View Post
    No, you see it because you have visited the page on emovieposter.com and therefore the image is in your cache. I first saw the "wagging finger" image, but after I went to the referenced emovieposter.com URL, the correct image was shown in the forum.
    Thanks! Hopefully this one is better

Leave a comment:

• fidot
    replied
    Nothing to do with firewalls

No, you see it because you have visited the page on emovieposter.com and therefore the image is in your cache. I first saw the "wagging finger" image, but after I went to the referenced emovieposter.com URL, the correct image was shown in the forum.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Image linking fail is a bannable offence..
    Its funny I can see it fine.

However, sometimes I cannot see others, must be firewall

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Image linking fail is a bannable offence..

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    Slightly? lol
    I disagree. Lots of truckers in there

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Slightly off topic, but have you ever seen the film Convoy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convoy_(1978_film)

Slightly? lol

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by hgvtrucker View Post
    i own a retail shop and business goes very slow in winter so i have closed for a few days in the week . Is it ok to do hgv driving work on the same ltd company to help keep the shop going ie contribute towards rent and shop bills etc or would this have to be done as a seperate business thanks
    Slightly off topic, but have you ever seen the film Convoy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convoy_(1978_film)

Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 11 December 2015, 13:34.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Any such work would also have a strong possibility of being caught by IR35 though this isn't necessarily a problem so long as you operate it properly.
    Someone attempted to rip me a new one and questioned my cut outtedness when I suggested this.......

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Any such work would also have a strong possibility of being caught by IR35 though this isn't necessarily a problem so long as you operate it properly.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Yes you can. It could cause issues with your flat rate sector if you are on FRS. It could also cause possible issues with any retail scheme for VAT you are using.

Leave a comment:

• Boney M
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Have you asked Igloo Accounting?
    Ouch

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    I suspect doing such a thing wouldn't confirm to the purpose of your business as regards to VAT etc

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have you asked Igloo Accounting?

Leave a comment:

• ltd company retail shop owner wants to do driving on same company

Working...
X