• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stolen Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen Car

Son has just come and told me about one of his mates having his car nicked.

Being only 18 this lad couldn't really afford much in the way of wheels and bought himself a cheap 3 series Beemer as that was the best he could afford to insure. In order to hide the fact that he was in fact broke and driving a crap car he spent a considerable sum having an 'M' body kit fitted to it and sprayed up to match.

This morning he came out of his front door to find his pride and joy had gone!

He subsequently found it, abandoned, a hundred yards down the road with the drivers door still open.

It appears the would be thieves had carefully broken into it without doing too much damage and hot wired it, only to realize as they drove off that what they had stolen was not in fact the desirable top of the range model they thought but a crappy standard car made up to look better than it was. Having realized this they promptly ditched it and made off.

Apparently his insurance company are somewhat less that willing to pay up under the circumstances since he doesn't have a crime number as he is too embarrassed to report it.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Oh dear poor lad. It's probably cheaper for him to fix it as his insurance would be obscene next year (as opposed to astronomical) if he claimed.

I'm sure insurance cos use young drivers as cash cows - they can't all be morons.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I thought you were referring to Bolshie's car, and they would have dumped it because the alloys were knackered

Still I have seen kit cars and you think wow until you get close and realise that it's not the real deal.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
        Are you telling us that you could identify this as a fake BMW?

It's very impressive honest
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Poor lad, all he could afford for his first car was a BMW.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            All I could afford for my first car was a Rover 90.

http://beerinc.com/rstca/images/p4rightsmalla.jpg

As I recall, it cost £64 in uninflated 1973 quidlets to insure TPF&T.
            My first Moggie Minor cost about the same to insure. They did let you spread it over the first 3 months, though at an extortionate rate of interest under the excuse of "to cover the risk".
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
            X