• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank holiday misery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank holiday misery

Several full Ken Loach films on YouTube. Settle down with a pan of burnt popcorn and a flat Panda Pop for a weekend of womens' refuges and dead kestrels!

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Several full Ken Loach films on YouTube. Settle down with a pan of burnt popcorn and a flat Panda Pop for a weekend of womens' refuges and dead kestrels!
    you might want the number of the smaritans as well..............

Try requiem for a dream, 8mm and leaving las vegas as well.............

They'll cheer you right up.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I wish I'd gone for Loach now, instead of the Jacques Tati ("Playtime") I'm watching. 1 hour in and I've only just lowered my expectations enough to tolerate it.

Comment

If it all gets a bit much, try listening to some music. "The Final Cut" - Pink Floyd seems appropriate.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

At least I'm not stuck on the M1/M5/M6/M...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I wish I'd gone for Loach now, instead of the Jacques Tati ("Playtime") I'm watching. 1 hour in and I've only just lowered my expectations enough to tolerate it.
            Playtime is meant to be a classic.

Comment

So I'm told. All the IMDB comments say it's brilliant in the cinema but rubbish on a TV because you don't see all the visual gags. Maybe that's the problem. I appreciate the scale of the enterprise and all that, but it's all about the kind of quirky shenannigans that are great in the background of The Royal Tenenbaums but not when that's all you've got.
              Also had it drummed into me (by my mum while watching Some Mothers Do Ave Em) not to laugh at characters whose amusing shenanigans obviously are the result of mental illness.

Comment

So I'm told. All the IMDB comments say it's brilliant in the cinema but rubbish on a TV because you don't see all the visual gags. Maybe that's the problem. I appreciate the scale of the enterprise and all that, but it's all about the kind of quirky shenannigans that are great in the background of The Royal Tenenbaums but not when that's all you've got.
                Also had it drummed into me (by my mum while watching Some Mothers Do Ave Em) not to laugh at characters whose amusing shenanigans obviously are the result of mental illness.
                Scorn not his simplicity - unless of course the victim is SASGURU, AtW or MarillionFan.

Comment

Working...
                X