• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is just so wrong!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    But, Black Puddings may only be carried in public by registered practitioners of Ecky Thump...
    Aye!

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      right. should i be charged for owning and carrying a swiss army penknife?
      Depends. Are you Swiss?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Shouldn't Masons be entitled to carry four foot Knights Templar swords?

Darn, the coffee machine is out of cups again. Now where did I put that grail?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Shouldn't Masons be entitled to carry four foot Knights Templar swords?

Darn, the coffee machine is out of cups again. Now where did I put that grail?
          You could have someone eye out with those Compasses!
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

As a final word I'd like to point people at Hardeep Singh's rational and thoughtful column in the Guardian, where he argues that schoolchildren should not be allowed to carry knives to school, even if they are Sikhs.

And actually I think this is important, and is not just "light relief".
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

So, what happens if a Sikh tries to go through securty at an airport wearing a kirpan? They may plead the religious right and discrimination, but no-one will let them on a plane, surely?

I suspect they pack them in their luggage which goes into the hold, but then they are not 'wearing' it. In which, it can't be right that they should be able to wear them into school.

I don't for one minute believe they would intend using them for violence, but I can't help feeling that other kids will carry knives simply because of the argument that other kids are allowed too.

I feel a knowledge gap exists here...any of our offshore readers care to comment?
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Hardeep Singh's column that I linked to just above is well worth reading. In it he notes among other good points that a Sikh child may wear a Kirpan into school with no intention of ever using it, but other children may take it from him and use it.
                Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                  Hardeep Singh's column that I linked to just above is well worth reading. In it he notes among other good points that a Sikh child may wear a Kirpan into school with no intention of ever using it, but other children may take it from him and use it.
                  Very good article and a fair commentary.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                    As a final word I'd like to point people at Hardeep Singh's rational and thoughtful column in the Guardian, where he argues that schoolchildren should not be allowed to carry knives to school, even if they are Sikhs.

And actually I think this is important, and is not just "light relief".
                    I agree - given the amount of drivel that stays in General (current most recent posts are "Word Association" and "Why don't men wear party hats any more?"), I find it very strange (and a little disturbing) that someone decided that this thread was something that should be discussed in LR.

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I would like to add that I am putting all my resources into an epic legal crusade to allow my child to wear her sickle to school. We are a family of druids and the sickle is necessary to our faith. As a practising druid I am prepared to make sacrifices for my child.

... right, thats the last single malt for tonight and last crap post.

Comment

Working...
                      X