• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is just so wrong!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Not if it is part of your ethnic dress.
    Maybe Atw could say that carrying an AK-47 is part of his Russian ethnic dress?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Exactly. One rule for some. What next, the burkha!? Sorry, if you want to wear your ethnic dress, you're free to do this in the comfort of your own home.

Out in public, no way.
      What about kilt wearers?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Don't put ideas into his head.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          I didn't know he was a Muji!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            What about kilt wearers?
            Does a kilt hide the identity of the wearer? If scots want to wear their 'dagger' in Scotland, that's for their laws.

In England, it shouldnt be allowed.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

next it'll be flat caps and whippets.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                next it'll be flat caps and black-puddings!
                FTFY - Eh Up!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  Er, proves my point exactly! Anyone else carry a knife in public would be charged as being in possession of an offensive weapon.
                  Oh, get a grip, guys. I carry a Swiss Army knife, and I am not breaking the law. It has a blade just short of 3 inches long, the size of smaller Kirpans. And it's sharp, which most dress Kirpans are not. As one Sikh said, you don't carry a Kirpan, you wear it.

I would be breaking the law with my Swiss Army Knife if I carried it as a weapon, but the presumption in this cas is that I do not. I would make the same presumption about a Kirpan.
                  Last edited by Tarquin Farquhar; 8 February 2010, 13:29.
                  Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                    Oh, get a grip, guys. I carry a Swiss Army knife, and I am not breaking the law. It has a blade just short of 3 inches long, the size of smaller Kirpans. And it's sharp, which mos dress Kirpans are not. As one Sikh said, you don't carry a Kirpan, you wear it.
                    FFS What's wrong with you, getting in the way of an ignorant rant?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      FFS What's wrong with you, getting in the way of an ignorant rant?
                      Tut! These people, coming in here with their reasoned arguments and their rational, moderate view of the world, they should be banned I tell you. Bring back the birch!
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X