• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is just so wrong!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    FTFY - Eh Up!
    mea culpa. those black puddings can be deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Does a kilt hide the identity of the wearer? If scots want to wear their 'dagger' in Scotland, that's for their laws.

In England, it shouldnt be allowed.
      I can see it now, Bolshie fashions, styling the nation on dave. What he says goes!

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        mea culpa. those black puddings can be deadly.
        Only with the proper training!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Bring back the birch!
          home grown though. none of that russian stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            FFS What's wrong with you, getting in the way of an ignorant rant?
            Oh sorry
            Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Does a kilt hide the identity of the wearer? If scots want to wear their 'dagger' in Scotland, that's for their laws.

In England, it shouldnt be allowed.
              The Knife Act (Scotland) promises 6 months imprisonment to
              anybody wearing a 3"+ (or was it 2 1/2"?) knife without good reason. Most kilt wearers including myself wear a safety Sgian Dubh which looks and feels like the real thing but has no metal blade.

I haven't heard of anybody up here getting into trouble for wearing the real thing but I'm not going to take any chances.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                home grown though. none of that russian stuff.
                Which leads us quite neatly to possibly the most disturbing website on the internet. I can’t figure out whether the webmaster is a genuine Daily Wail reading ‘bring back the birch’ type or someone who enjoys a good pot noodle while watching young boys get caned.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  The Knife Act (Scotland) promises 6 months imprisonment to
                  anybody wearing a 3"+ (or was it 2 1/2"?) knife without good reason. Most kilt wearers including myself wear a safety Sgian Dubh which looks and feels like the real thing but has no metal blade.

I haven't heard of anybody up here getting into trouble for wearing the real thing but I'm not going to take any chances.
                  IMHO as a Scot, there is not the same need for a kilt-wearer to have a real Sgian Dubh as there is for a sikh to have a real Kirpan. In the case of Highland dress it is just that, dress. It makes you feel like Rob Roy and William Wallace (who probably never saw a kilt anyway), but you don't need to play at being them by carrying a real weapon. Better get one of those dress ones that have the handle of a Sgian Dubh for show, but the body of a bottle-opener.
                  Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                    IMHO as a Scot, there is not the same need for a kilt-wearer to have a real Sgian Dubh as there is for a sikh to have a real Kirpan. In the case of Highland dress it is just that, dress. It makes you feel like Rob Roy and William Wallace (who probably never saw a kilt anyway), but you don't need to play at being them by carrying a real weapon. Better get one of those dress ones that have the handle of a Sgian Dubh for show, but the body of a bottle-opener.
                    Far more useful too!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      FTFY - Eh Up!
                      But, Black Puddings may only be carried in public by registered practitioners of Ecky Thump...
                      Last edited by DaveB; 8 February 2010, 13:55.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X