• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is just so wrong!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just so wrong!

I really, really dont know where to begin.

People need to realise that it may be acceptable to wear these things in countries other than the UK but when you are here, whether you are born here, come here and settle here, you abide by our rules and dont try and impose your rules on us.

Frankly, its no wonder some 'political' parties are starting to make inroads in our society.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ian-judge.html

Sir Mota Singh QC spoke out after a number of Sikhs were refused entry to schools and other venues because they were wearing the Kirpan or other religious artefacts.

Last year, a 14-year-old Sikh boy was refused entry to the Compton School in Barnet after governors ruled his Kirpan was a health and safety risk.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

KUATB

Comment

Wham! have split up.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        .....People need to realise that it may be acceptable to wear these things in countries other than the UK but when you are here, whether you are born here, come here and settle here, you abide by our rules and dont try and impose your rules on us. ......
        er...it is legal to carry a kirpan in public in the uk.
        Last edited by DS23; 8 February 2010, 13:08.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          Yes, and a Sgian Dubh if it is part of your ethnic dress.

Comment

People need to realise that it may be acceptable to wear these things in countries other than the UK but when you are here, whether you are born here, come here and settle here, you abide by our rules and dont try and impose your rules on us.
            I'm sure these fellows would fit in much better.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              Er, proves my point exactly! Anyone else carry a knife in public would be charged as being in possession of an offensive weapon.

Comment

Er, proves my point exactly! Anyone else carry a knife in public would be charged as being in possession of an offensive weapon.
                Not if it is part of your ethnic dress.

Comment

right. should i be charged for owning and carrying a swiss army penknife?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Not if it is part of your ethnic dress.
                    Exactly. One rule for some. What next, the burkha!? Sorry, if you want to wear your ethnic dress, you're free to do this in the comfort of your own home.

Out in public, no way.

Comment

Working...
                    X