• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite Urban Legends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Urban Legends

Teenage Suicide; Cryptic Signature Leave Authorities Guessing.
    Miami, FL.
    Trent Boozle.

A suicide note left by a troubled South Florida teen has sparked a extensive investigation into the meaning or identity of "kthxbai".

The parents of the teen have expressed nothing but puzzlement at the bizarre signature supposedly left by their son of seventeen years. "[our son] was always a good kid." The boys mother said during an interview, "though he did spend all of his time sitting at his computer".

The case, which was originally concluded to be an obvious suicide, has recently been re-opened after the parents demanded a more in-depth investigation considering the seemingly random group of letters the teen used to sign his final farewell.

"At first we thought it was some kind of 'word jumble' our boy left us in his final farewell", said the boys father, "We spent two weeks trying to figure it out, but it led us no where."

Extensive Investigation
    The Miami Police Dept. have enlisted the assistance of their computer crimes task force to find out if there is more to this situation than a standard suicide.

"This is one of the harder tasks that we've dealt with here, simply because the only person who knows what these letters, [kthxbai], mean has taken this knowledge to the grave", states Felicia Reven, lead detective of the Computer Crimes Task Force in Miami.

Currently, the Miami P.D. has five Detectives from the Computer Crime Task Force utilizing the majority of their high-tech machines to track down and decipher the 'code', and they estimate that it could take up to six weeks before they see any results.

For now, authorities are asking that anyone with any knowledge about the meaning or identity of "kthxbai" to please come forward. Any information on the case can be direct to the Miami Police Dept. Computer Crimes Unit by clicking Here.
    Dare I say, lol?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

If you meet plod in FL you'd understand why this legend took hold.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

kthxbai is ibathxk backward (almost). I think I need say no more.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        kthxbai is ibathxk backward (almost). I think I need say no more.
        Nudge, nudge, wink, wink ... say no more.

Comment

Xog noticed that kthxbai backwards is (almost) ibathxk
          Brilliant observation Xog !

Of course, now that you have let the feline out of the supermarket plastic bag (which is more generous than I would have done), you do realise that everyone is now going to press you for an explanation !
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

it's not backwards. It's part of the Illuminati conspiracy theory.

I don't know how many people have heard of the Illuminati Conspiracy but it's an absolute beauty. It's a Masonic type conspiracy that dates back to the crusades, or even to the Roman Empire (in some branches of the theory anyway) and encorporates the Templars, Machiavellian political theory, and a secret devil worshipping cult that meets in smoky back rooms in the seats of western power to plot the future course of humanity.
            It has links to the Rothchilds and Rockefeller family fortunes, you know - the type of wealth that makes Puff Daddy with his 18 limousines and 4 mansions look like a penniless peasant. It also involves our western debt based economies that are designed to take from the many and give to the few.
            One of the main factions is known as the Cthulhu call sign kthxbi, and is well worth investigating. kthxbi is very close to kthxbai
            A good book to read is the Illuminati Trilogy , I found it ok.
            thanks and byeeee

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

I don't know how many people have heard of the Illuminati Conspiracy but it's an absolute beauty. It's a Masonic type conspiracy that dates back to the crusades, or even to the Roman Empire (in some branches of the theory anyway) and encorporates the Templars, Machiavellian political theory, and a secret devil worshipping cult that meets in smoky back rooms in the seats of western power to plot the future course of humanity.
              It has links to the Rothchilds and Rockefeller family fortunes, you know - the type of wealth that makes Puff Daddy with his 18 limousines and 4 mansions look like a penniless peasant. It also involves our western debt based economies that are designed to take from the many and give to the few.
              One of the main factions is known as the Cthulhu call sign kthxbi, and is well worth investigating. kthxbi is very close to kthxbai
              thanks and byeeee

You are Hagbard Celine and ICMFP.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

thanks and byeeee

Pray tell, what's a "Masonic type conspiracy"?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Pray tell, what's a "Masonic type conspiracy"?
                  oh you know, some people have a theory that a secret society runs everything behind our backs. Some think its the masons, some think its the money men

these think its the illuminati

have you cracked the code yet ?

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

thanks and byeeee
                    You are David Icke and ICMFP
                    The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Working...
                    X