• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its very quiet in tpd today.........

Comment

After horse riding we went to see my former mother-out-law!! If I did not take the kids to see her then should would never see her grandkids......

Comment

Good morning all!

Hey scourer!

Morning (again) CM!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Good morning all!

Hey scourer!

Morning (again) CM!

How are you squire?

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Evening all*

*I may not be allowed to use that expression for much longer; apparently it may offend some ethnic minorities for reasons that completely escape me.

Or so I read somewhere.

Though that may have been a dream.
              Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

I don't see why. "all" seems fairly inclusive to me.
              Apparently the plod may also be avoiding the terms "child" or "children" from now on.

For equally obscure ethnic reasons .

Mind how you go

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              indeed.
              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...venin-all.html

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Were the Nubians coming over here taking your work, or were you going over there taking their work?

Either way, that's no way to expand an empire: the thing to do is to go to Nubia and employ the thick ones as poorly-paid servants, labourers and sepoys whilst forming the smart ones into a bureaucratic Civil Service to underpin your rule. It's the British way
                Yup.

It worked remarkably well.

50k Brits to rule 100M Indians.

Wish we'd done more about the Northwest Frontier whilst we were at it though.

Comment

I repaired the heating ring support thingie on my mum's cooker.

It involved much drilling at awkward angles and such like, plus chopping slots in a piece of aluminium.

Should last at least 6 months before the Al melts or rusts away.

Comment

Morning all
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Someon forgot to tell the dogs that the clocks went back on Sunday,
                      Last edited by DaveB; 26 October 2009, 09:54.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X