• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i seem to remember playing warcraft years ago on the pc. about 96 or so. i had a demo version - it was great fun.

Comment

though it might have been something else. 'twas a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        are they (and their gamers) rivals to the world of warcraft series / gamers?
        The Wargammer Online game is a direct rival to Wow, but there isn't really much competition for the GW tabletop gaming products. That lack of competition was one of the strengths highlited in an investment assessment I read a while back (I was chatting with DaveB about this yesterday too).
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

so the wow gamers don't do models and table top but wh do either (and probably both).

do wh table top playes co-exist well with traditional table top gamers (wellington v napoleon etc.)?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            ....... (I was chatting with DaveB about this yesterday too).
            yes i saw that - sorry to repeat. i wasn't quite up to speed on the specifics.

Comment

i can see the enjoyment. i like the idea of having armies and creating battles but the preparation must be intense. not to mention isolation of the table & pieces.

Comment

so the wow gamers don't do models and table top but wh do either (and probably both).
                Essentially yes - Games Workshop produce models and the other stuff for tabletop gaming, but the GW computer games are developed by game development houses that have acquired the license from GW.

do wh table top playes co-exist well with traditional table top gamers (wellington v napoleon etc.)?
                GW actually do a range of historical wargames.

Comment

yes i saw that - sorry to repeat. i wasn't quite up to speed on the specifics.
                  Tis OK, I thought it might have been absorbed amongst the drivel.

Comment

i can see the enjoyment. i like the idea of having armies and creating battles but the preparation must be intense. not to mention isolation of the table & pieces.
                    It is good fun. Despite being aware of it for many years (my interest was originally in the artwork) I've only really got into the gaming side recently as a way to encourage DS1.

The choosing, assembly and painting of the miniatures is really enjoyable. And that's before getting anywhere near a battle.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      It is good fun. Despite being aware of it for many years (my interest was originally in the artwork) I've only really got into the gaming side recently as a way to encourage DS1.

The choosing, assembly and painting of the miniatures is really enjoyable. And that's before getting anywhere near a battle.
                      And then there's the whole background to the various GW universes, backed up by a large amount of fiction published by The Black Library.

Comment

Working...
                      X