• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    The place in Shrewsbury where I bought my AVR-2307 are selling it for £100 off the RRP.
    Much to the chagrin of Denon it would seem.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

So this shop isn't advertising their price, but somehow word has got around.

Comment

So this shop isn't advertising their price, but somehow word has got around.
        Mostly via AVForums.

Comment

Denon don't like having much of their kit sold via mail-order either, and try to force people to visit the vendor to buy their stuff.

Comment

Denon don't like having much of their kit sold via mail-order either, and try to force people to visit the vendor to buy their stuff.
            I had to visit this particular vendor in Shrewsbury to buy my AVR-2307.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              One Saturday I used Remote Desktop to connect to my machine at work, then used that to connect to our IIS server down in Telehouse... it was quite confusing when I closed down that connection and saw my work desktop, exactly as if I was in the office due to the monitors being the same - then disconnected from that and, suddenly, I was back in OS X
              At a previous ClientCo I installed TightVNC on the three servers I was having put in and on my desktop.

One day the supplier's consultant was needed to fix something when he was working from home.

He was using his remote dial-up to take control of his desktop PC. From there he installed RealVNC and I let him in to control my desktop. I connected it to the server needing work done and from that he set up a drive mapping to the other server that needed some tweaking.

He said that from his home PC the performance was all perfectly acceptable.

His PC --> broadband --> his desktop PC at his employer's site --> internet --> my ClientCo network --> my desktop PC --> my ClientCo LAN --> A server --> anther server.

The remote access was his home PC onto his work PC onto my work PC onto a server.

Took about 10 minutes to set up and get him in and saved him about 8 hours travelling time.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I had to visit this particular vendor in Shrewsbury to buy my AVR-2307.
                But, now I have visited them and they have "seen me" I am now able to have them send stuff to me.

Comment

But, now I have visited them and they have "seen me" I am now able to have them send stuff to me.
                  A bizarre arrangement really.

Comment

Once I have the new amp I can initiate attempts to convince the finance committee to let me upgrade our plasma.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      I bought some "Cadbury Oat and Chocolate chip" biscuits (the lower case 'c' is theirs).

They have all the appeal of chewing gravel.
                      To give you an idea of how bad they are, we've had them for 4 days now and only half have gone.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X