• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    You've got a few options
    1. send her out to work
    2. leave a list of jobs to be done around the house
    3. switch phone off

HTH
    She's been job hunting for a while now, but there's sod all about that's close to home. Even the local MacDonalds isnt hiring.

She's already cleaned the kitchen - Thats what the second call was to tell me about.

She has my work number so that wont really work.

The main problem is that she always used to have the dog at home with her to keep her company, now he's gone she's noticed it more with no-one else in the house.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      She's been job hunting for a while now, but there's sod all about that's close to home. Even the local MacDonalds isnt hiring.

She's already cleaned the kitchen - Thats what the second call was to tell me about.

She has my work number so that wont really work.

The main problem is that she always used to have the dog at home with her to keep her company, now he's gone she's noticed it more with no-one else in the house.
      send her out shopping for something special for the weekend

Comment

send her out shopping for something special for the weekend
        actually if I said that to the wife - she would come back with 3 tins of paint, 2 fence panels and a paint brush

Comment

actually if I said that to the wife - she would come back with 3 tins of paint, 2 fence panels and a paint brush
          Sounds familiar
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Both my parents are in the hospital at the moment

Mum went in for her op yesterday (which went well) but dad was rather poorly yesterday so we had the doctor out to him, who called out the paramedics.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                Both my parents are in the hospital at the moment

Mum went in for her op yesterday (which went well) but dad was rather poorly yesterday so we had the doctor out to him, who called out the paramedics.
                Mum should be out this afternoon though hopefully.

Comment

I'm also having my "clips" (essentially metal stitches) removed later today - I'm hoping that will relieve some of the soreness.

Comment

Just time to grab a shower before I can phone the ward that dad is on

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Thats a shame for her. My parents dog is old now too and I know it's going to be hard for them when she goes... especially now my brother lives away.

They keep saying they won't get another dog when she goes but the company they provide is invaluable!
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X