• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    There's a horizon on tonight about violence.

I wonder if it's about good old Ultraviolence.
    You may recall the discussion we had the other day about A Clockwork Orange?

Last night's dreaming started there but then wandered quickly over to utilising the sicko in Trainspotting. The one that glasses people when bored.

Begbie, that's it. Francis "Franco" Begbie.

"A violent sociopath, Begbie terrorizes his "friends" into going along with whatever he says, assaulting and brutalizing anyone who angers him. This violence is reflected in the manner in which he speaks. He is the only one in the group who does not use heroin and, although he considers junkies to be the lowest form of life, he is himself thoroughly addicted to alcohol, amphetamine, and violence."

I spent most of the night having various dreams which turn a tad sour when he arrives. And them sometimes that gang in white (the droogs?) would turn up too.

No wonder I couldn't get up until 9:30.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Morning!
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

It's "Weekend Away Time!"

Or at least it would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Don't worry. I'll have screwed up by Friday.

I soon wear out kudos.
          Guess who forgot to do any transfers.

It'll be a few days before by LtdCo money appears in my current account.

I'm skint.

We're going nowhere.

Anniversary weekend ... cancelled.

Oops.

Comment

Morning!
            Morning BI
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

It's "Weekend Away Time!"

Or at least it would have been.

I'm skint.

We're going nowhere.

Oops.
              Ah, that'll be the card/perfume kudos written off then

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Unfortunately, the cook in the pub doesn't know how to cook steak. A "medium" will usually come back charred on the outside, but raw (not rare, but raw) in the middle

On Monday I had to send it back; it came back rare

Tonight I went for "Medium-to-Well-Done". It was rare except for the bits that were à bleu

Luckily, I like it rare to medium. In future I'll order "well done" and just get a little bit of blood on my chips
                , , and

Did I say ""?

I meant

Comment

*cough*

Comment

Where's the sky?

Comment

I'm skint.

We're going nowhere.

Oops.
                      Pay for it out of the company account, class it as a directors loan and pay it back when the money comes through.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X