• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    It was just fun at the time... I saw a shooting star whilst keeping said lady rather happy in the passenger seat... and yes, she had her feet on the parcel shelf whilst I was kneeling the in the passenger footwell...

Having foolishly not had a bonk earlier, we had a meal in the Butchers Arms in Alltwen, which took an age to arrive, then we went to see "The Fisher King" in Swansea Odeon (the proper one on the Kingsway not the ex-UCI in Park Tawe) which seemed interminable.

This was followed by a drive up the Swansea valley looking for somewhere to stop, with increasing desperation, until we ended up on the top of a mountain overlooking Pontardawe.

I noted with interest () that I could see the Mumbles lighthouse from there...

Disturbed another couple in a car, who drove off & good fun was had by all...

On another occasion, in her car, I discovered that the carpet in the passenger footwell was soaking wet, so not much fun was had by either of us... I just proved to her that I could do the 15 second hump when it suited me...
    It is little wonder Wales is known as the Land of the Poets.

That has to be the most romantic thing I have ever read in a forum.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

My cat survives... increasingly old & infirm though...

Our outside cat bit the dust over Easter Week, having been run over by something... poor thing was missing over night & found by my mum.

Cost me £50 to have her put down... I was in tears in the vets... which is odd since she wasn't my cat.
      Not at all. It does not take much empathy to feel the pain in that.

I once took someone's dog to the vets to have it put down; it had run out in the road in front of us and straight under the wheels. My wife (driving) was so upset I pretended I had done it. The owners were from the council-run travellers camp. I thought we were going to get beaten up at best, torched in the car at worst.

The nasty owners could not understand why both the wife and I cried when the vet said he'd had to put the dog down. He said "There'll be no charge, of course" and the filthy owners demanded "Make him pay anyway". The dog didn't seem important to them, which made Mrs BI and I all the more sympathetic toward it. Poor thing. No wonder it ran under our wheels.

I got the impression they'd behave much the same about a child.

Your mum must have been terribly upset. They've had enough of 3rd-party induced unpleasantness lately, haven't they?

So now I'm off to cuddle the survivor...

I'm all sad now.

Blinkin' Welsh poets and their tugging at the heart strings.

And that includes you big, green, scaly lizards too!
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Bed.

Now.

6 a.m. start tomorrow.

G'night.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Hence when I say it is now "High", at 110/90, the vet is happy!
          Just 110? There's nowt much wrong with that - probably a tad on the low side if anything?
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Byeeee

Bed.

Now.

6 a.m. start tomorrow.

G'night.

Night chaps

(And good to have you back drivelling BI)

Comment

Bugger. The Sky box seemed to miss the last few minutes of The Wire last night

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                Bugger. The Sky box seemed to miss the last few minutes of The Wire last night
                Looks like it isn't available on iPlayer, so I'll have to resort to searching for that particular episode on a "content hub" so I can watch the last couple of minutes.

Comment

Crikey, look at the time. Better go get some sleep in preparation for another thrilling day at ClientCo tomorrow I suppose. Night folks

Comment

Evening again denizens

Blinkin' Welsh poets and their tugging at the heart strings.

And that includes you big, green, scaly lizards too!
                    dragons
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 5 May 2009, 23:24.

Comment

I managed to walk into a tree tonight

I didn't go the whole hog and walk into the trunk or anything - it's just that, with it being spring and all that, lots of trees in the local gardens are bending their boughs pretty low over the pavement at the moment.

I was busy reflecting on the question of whether it would be possible to first learn technical competence with a musical instrument, and then move on from there to musical expressiveness, or whether the two skills had to be acquired together; and some low-hanging twigs suddenly launched an assault upon me by dint of just hanging there until I walked my face into them

I haven't yet reached any conclusions on the original matter, having spent the rest of the walk home dodging the ents

Comment

Working...
                      X