• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I got the car a new electric pump last weekend - the old one's bit-that-goes-on-the-valve no longer held on tight enough, which meant I had to stoop to hold it in place. Furthermore, the automatic cutoff had never worked on it, so I was forever disconnecting, checking with the gauge, and reconnecting until I got to the right pressure

The new one's digital and generally whizzy
    We bought one of those for my dad recently - quite whizzy indeed.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Holy cow! I won £93 on the lottery yesterday!!!

How's that for a birthday present?

Comment

In the spirit of "credit where credit's due", I shall recount a little incident from my birthday.

I'd booked myself into the Premier Inn in North London where (I recently calculated) I slept for six months of my life by dint of spending four nights a week there when I was last working in London.

Upon checking in I was immediately recognised by the young lady on Reception; although, quite understandably, she had to be reminded of my surname, she remembered such details as that I didn't take breakfast. Chatting to her, I mentioned that I was just down for the day because it was my birthday.

A few minutes after I'd got into my room, a birthday card - and not a corporate one, but one handwritten by herself (though obviously not from her on a personal basis - it was addressed from "The Reception Team") was pushed under my door

Without wishing to go all Lenny Henry about the place, I have to say that I think that is a very good standard of attention to the customer, given the price of the room
        Last edited by NickFitz; 23 April 2009, 23:12.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning all
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Morning drivellers

Comment

Reception; although, quite understandably, she had to be reminded of my surname, she remembered such details as that I didn't take breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Morning drivellers
                  Morning VF!

Morning All!

Morning CM!
                  (Everybody be nice to CM today, she's got girly-flu!)

Comment

Oooh, looks like we might get a century and a millenium today then!

Comment

I wonder who's lurking...

Comment

Working...
                      X