• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    < puts the cat out >
    (No, it wasn't on fire)
    One of my previous cats managed to set her tail on fire once... by sticking it through the bars of an electric fire.

Comment

Morning All
      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
        Morning All
        Hey Rav

How's things? Still busy at ClientCo?
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          it isn't so long since TTL was a minimum of 24 hours
          Damn. And I though 4000 CMOS was slow... Hardware Joke...

I remember being awestruck by the speed of a 10MB Winchester drive compared to the 5-1/4" floppies in the same case. A week later, I was muttering darkly about how slow it seemed
          I remember being amazed at how fast my new 12MHz 286 compiled MASM programs on its 1.2M 5.25" floppy...

And how impressed I was when the 10Mb hd died shortly afterwards...

Come to think of it, the motherboard in that pc died a while after that... it was a pretty poor purchase in an alliterative sort of way.

However, I've still got the floppy drives & the replacement MB still worked the last time I turned it on, though the seagate 40Mb MFM hd has developed errors in one of the FATs...

Ho hum.

Nothing lasts...

Comment

Hey Rav

How's things? Still busy at ClientCo?
            Hey VF,

Yep it has been, think I'm in the calm before the storm at the moment...

How's tricks with you? How'd the app for DD1 go?

Comment

I'm not sure why, as it seems to me to be a building entirely devoid of architectural merit

It's as if they went to an East German architect in the early 1950s, saying "We like your work on the faceless office blocks, but can you stick a touch of pseudo-Georgian facelessness on there?"
              West Glamorgan County Council of unlamented memory built a similar concrete monolith on the sea front in Swansea.

However it lacks the neoGeorgian bit & is merely New Brutalist. Wouldn't have looked out of place in Germania really.

With the demise of WGCC under the Tory dictat, Swansea Council have now turned it into the new public library.

Which is located across a very busy dual carriageway as far as possible from the town itself.

And naturally enough, doesn't have space for the collections, but an amazing amount of space for computers.

Comment

morning all

anything exciting happening?
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I have no idea what it is like outside.....
                  Probably full of those nice Tamil people protesting that the Sinhalese have finally got their act together & doing a proper job...

Comment

Morning bear

Comment

Morning Zeity

That can't be right?
                      Probably not... doomed etc.

I think there's rain forecast for later.

Comment

Working...
                      X