• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Hope you manage to sort something out.

I quite fancy a day walking (and scrambling) up Tryfan if the weather is nice sometime over the weekend.
    Looks - eh - Rugged!
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Hope you manage to sort something out.

I quite fancy a day walking (and scrambling) up Tryfan if the weather is nice sometime over the weekend.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pen_y_Fan

Looks less dangerous... though looks are, no doubt, deceptive...

Comment

It's also closer (for me) but the knees put that sort of thing out of the question anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
          Looks - eh - Rugged!
          Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pen_y_Fan

Looks less dangerous... though looks are, no doubt, deceptive...
          Tryfan is beauftiful - the first part is walk past a little waterfall up to a plateau upon which there is a lake that can't be seen from the ground. The second part is a bit of a scamble towards the top, but nothing too excessive. The only really *interesting* bit is if you decide to jump between "Adam and Eve", a couple of rocks at the top with quite a drop at one side.

Pen y Fan looks interesting though Zeity - might have to give that one a go (bit closer than Tryfan as well).
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I've just spent an interesting (not) hour or so trying to get Microchip C18 to cooperate & compile something.

Why does this stuff have to be so difficult?

After much cursing & RTFMing (which covers an earlier version with different menus & suchlike) I got the thing to compile this complex program:

Code:
            #include <p18f4860>

void main ( void ) // love the voids: really gets the purists going... :D
            {

while( 1 )
               {
                   PORTAbits.RA0 = 1;
                   PORTAbits.RA0 = 0;
               }
            }
            For ages it kept saying "can't find co18i.o" until I realised it was a linker search path thingie that hadn't been set up.

Comment

Pen y Fan looks interesting though Zeity - might have to give that one a go (bit closer than Tryfan as well).
              In what now seems like another life, I walked around Neuadd reservoir a couple of times with a lady of my acquaintance... it's near Pen Y Fan. (ish).

Comment

In what now seems like another life, I walked around Neuadd reservoir a couple of times with a lady of my acquaintance... it's near Pen Y Fan. (ish).
                If you search on google maps for Pen Y Fan, then look to the south (ish), you'll find Upper Neuadd Reservoir... it looks like it was taken at a pretty dry time coz the promontary at the northern end of the reservoir is normally an island...

Comment

If you search on google maps for Pen Y Fan, then look to the south (ish), you'll find Upper Neuadd Reservoir... it looks like it was taken at a pretty dry time coz the promontary at the northern end of the reservoir is normally an island...
                  Just checked it out on the map - definately easier to get to than Tryfan, so might reconsider and pay a visit to Pen y Fan instead. Especially as DD is demonstrating a dislike for car travel at the moment.
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

If I search on Google maps for Pen Y Fan I get a small street in Llansamlet, Swansea
                    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Oooh, religious fight in General for a change

I don't know why they bother.

Comment

Working...
                      X