• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    I'll try again in the morning.
    Typical, just checked once more and it seems to be happening now.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I'll just get this site uploaded then I'm off to get some sleep

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          That will be good for you.

I used to walk quite a lot in London, it was the only exercise that I did but it kept the weight off (mostly).

I have gained 6 kilos in the last 3 months because nothing is walking distance away and I have to drive everywhere.
          Hi Gonzo

Yes, I'm hoping that this might help get me down from the current 12st going on 13st down to a slightly better 12st going on 12st - although it would be even better to get back to my natural weight, when younger, of around 11st 8lb.

Given that I'm in Cambridge, I may even purchase a velocipede - that's the only form of exercise I've ever enjoyed (apart from rowing, which isn't really a practicable way of getting to the office). It's nearly ten years since my last bike was nicked, so maybe I should go for it - where's the "taking vigorous exercise" smiley? - Oh, here it is

Comment

Hmph, waiting for Fasthosts (not my choice) to move a domain onto another server for a client. It really shouldn't take this long.
            DNS propagation is a tricky thing - it isn't so long since TTL was a minimum of 24 hours (as in, you could set it lower, but none of the root servers would pay any attention to you - they only updated the root DNS records every 24 hours).

I remember being quite delighted when a .com domain re-pointing became apparent after an hour or so. Then again, I remember being awestruck by the speed of a 10MB Winchester drive compared to the 5-1/4" floppies in the same case. A week later, I was muttering darkly about how slow it seemed

Comment

(No, it wasn't on fire)
              Somebody's been shirking their duties

<Checks the rota for "TPD cat immolation">

Comment

I noticed tonight that Cambridgeshire County Council think it meet to illuminate their County Hall until at least midnight.

I'm not sure why, as it seems to me to be a building entirely devoid of architectural merit

It's as if they went to an East German architect in the early 1950s, saying "We like your work on the faceless office blocks, but can you stick a touch of pseudo-Georgian facelessness on there?"

Still, at least they haven't wasted money putting a better sign outside - that looks like it's been there since about 1973, and the plastic has faded accordingly

Comment

The TPDVille troll seems to have woken up, and to be even more lost in its deranged little head than usual

It's also visiting CUK using its latest sockpuppet, though not since yesterday teatime. Grist to the mill

Maybe those of you who argue otherwise are right - still, the evidence is being logged in various places, and it'll all come out in the end

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning all

How are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X