• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Urgh.

Soldering fumes...

Urgh...
    The asphalt plant is going full pelt here today, so stepping outside gets you a face full of Bitumen fumes, which I actually quite like the smell off.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Had my complany induction day on Friday. Most of it was the usual corporate claptrap and I now know more about concrete, cement, asphalt and aggregates that I ever thought I would.

Comment

On the plus side we did get a tour of the main quarry and other plant areas that us office types never usually get to see.

Comment

The whole site here is about 1600 acres but the only bit I can see from my offcie is the carpark.

Comment

So the chance to see the rest of it was actually quite interesting.

Comment

The mini-bus we were driven around in was entertaining.

Comment

14 passengers, gravel roads and a driver who thought he was in the WRC.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  The whole site here is about 1600 acres but the only bit I can see from my offcie is the carpark.
                  We have a 10 minute walk to the carpark from here
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Add to this a lack of "rules of the road", multiple large vehicles including Quarry dumbers, articulated lorries and other industrial plant roaming around.

Comment

All in all it was an exciting ride.

Comment

Working...
                      X