• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    < puts 20p in the TPD telescope >
    Nope, that's too far for me.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Right, time to head off to bed methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Right, time to head off to bed methinks.
        WHS

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Once upon a time, long long ago in a galaxy far far away, there was a Giant Alien Lizard.

He was very lonely coz he was the only Giant Alien Lizard on this benighted planet... and he'd been stuck there for what seemed like millennia.

In fact, they not only seemed like millennia, they were millennia...
          And thus began a most excellent Chapter 1 of the zeity saga from El Diablo.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Will I catch the midnight post?
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Today, 00:00
              Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              Will I catch the midnight post?
              That'll be a "Yes" then.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                Today, 00:00

That'll be a "Yes" then.

That'll give VF something to think about... not only centuries, millennia and palis, but also getting first post at certain times of day

Every hour on the hour should keep him busy

Comment

I've just been contacted on Fiends Reunited by a guy I knew at university.

He was a second year when I was a first year - I think the last time I saw him must have been around 1982. In 1981, when we both lived in the same big old house that was part of a hall of residence, he had a bit of a breakdown - well, actually he went completely berserk one evening, and as the huge rugby players behind me scattered and locked themselves away, I stood my ground and prevented him getting onto the street.

After a few seconds the rugby lads, having heard the struggle from behind their locked doors and realised that they'd left me on my own out there with a maniac, managed to conquer their fears and come out to help. It took two of them on each limb (well, with me helping out on one limb and trying to calm him with soothing words) to hold him down until the ambulance arrived; and he wasn't a big chap - maybe 5'8" and of slim build

The whole sorry episode (which was an object lesson in why you shouldn't eat a hundred magic mushrooms when your girlfriend dumps you) established a bond of sorts, and once the hospital had sent him back we became quite friendly. But, as one does, we gradually drifted out of touch during my second year, and I don't think we even bothered meeting up to say goodbye when he graduated.

And now, nearly thirty years on, he taps me on my virtual shoulder

Funny old world, now it's got that there t'Internet in it

Comment

Comment

morning all

What's happening?
                      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X