• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but the only thing we can think of is the jar of olives in the fridge
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
      Don't know really - he's been fine but then sick twice this afternoon/this evening

I suspect a food related incident
      Hope the little fella gets over it soon. TPD best wishes to him.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

he's a very big fan of olives and wants them a lot. maybe these were just a bit off.
        Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
          Don't know really - he's been fine but then sick twice this afternoon/this evening

I suspect a food related incident
          Eldest son got it last week. Just after we caught him cleaning his teeth without washing his hands after wiping his arse. Some children are so disgusting.......

Comment

Better go catch some T.V. with Lady VF

Comment

Two hours and no TPD post

Comment

BrilloPad 20,473
                zeitghost 15,929
                cailin maith 12,002
                Diver 11,057
                DS23 10,002
                TheFaQQer 9,628
                NickFitz 9,177
                BrowneIssue 8,759
                voodooflux 8,145
                FiveTimes 7,289
                Bear 5,856
                El_Diablo 4,256
                Jog On 2,286
                HeliCraig 2,273
                DiscoStu 2,244
                Fortune Green 2,215
                PRC1964 1,552
                DaveB 1,466
                n5gooner 1,290
                Sockpuppet 1,225
                realityhack 1,153
                Troll 1,058
                Xenophon 1,006
                Churchill 943
                AndyGarbs 920
                oracleslave 860
                zara_backdog 840
                RichardCranium 734
                EqualOpportunities 562
                The Lone Gunman 540
                BA to the Stars 513
                Gonzo 497
                KathyWoolfe 468
                ControlG 421

Comment

Comment

Greetings denizens

There was some kind of dominoes tournament occurring in the pub tonight - it made it a bit tricky finding a quiet corner in which to read The Grauniad

On the other hand, there was free food available - I'd already had my dinner, but I managed to come to terms with half a pork pie. I think a bowl of hotpot with bread would have been overkill, although it smelled very nice

Although it was quietening down, it was obvious that Richard (the landlord) would have a bit of cleaning up to do, so I decided to cut him some slack and come back to the hotel to revisit the Black Sheep tap for the last half-hour until midnight, when Yeadon goes to sleep

Speaking of which...

Having noticed last week how quiet it is here, I decided to gather data on the depths of the quiescence tonight. Walking from the edge of town up the so-called "High Street" to the junction with Cemetery Road, where the pub resides (about five minutes walk), I saw precisely two other pedestrians. Then again, I also saw no fewer than six moving cars, so it was all a bit hectic really

Coming back I saw nobody until two guys, also heading back to the hotel, as I crossed over at the main road traffic lights.

I must admit, my thoughts went back to the delightful chaos outside the pub in London

Then, as I was almost across the road, a Police car coming up the "High Street" behind me put its sirens on full blast as it turned onto the main road, probably headed to Harrogate or somewhere

At home I have sirens going up and down the road outside the flat all day and night, but in this unbelievably quiet town it scared the living daylights out of me - I literally jumped the last few feet to the pavement, even though they were on the other side of the road

Comment

BTW, the Super Monkey Car got a pali on the way up

Comment

Working...
                      X