• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    WHS
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Morning
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I've got the 2nd edition (3.0), 3rd edition (3.1), 4th edition(95), and 5th edition(98 etc).

I've worked through the first 3 and still can't program windoze to save my life...

Not to mention "Teach yersen Visual C++ V1.5 in 21 days" which is dreadful.
        The 2nd edition was the first one I used (ClientCo copy) and I've still got the 5th edition on my shelf.

I remember Inside Visual C++ by David Kruglinksi being pretty decent. After he was killed in a paragliding accident the series was continued by Scot Wingo and George Shepherd.

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Faith.... :

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Baaaad Girl!
          I quite enjoyed Tru Calling as well - it was just getting interesting when they canned it.

Comment

Now where did I put that poorly chicken?

Comment

BrilloPad 19,694
              zeitghost 15,502
              cailin maith 11,700
              Diver 11,051
              DS23 10,001
              TheFaQQer 9,315
              NickFitz 8,821
              BrowneIssue 8,627
              voodooflux 7,078
              FiveTimes 7,030
              Bear 5,678
              El_Diablo 4,256
              Jog On 2,282
              DiscoStu 2,244
              Fortune Green 2,215
              HeliCraig 2,015
              PRC1964 1,532
              DaveB 1,413

Comment

Unemployment 1 %
                Transport 98 %
                Crime rate 0 %
                Pollution 2 %
                Rank 314

25 January: The police force of TPDVille has been reinforced.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                  Right, Off to the hairdressers and then the dentist - not sure which I dread most
                  I once got cut at the top of my ear by the barber. They cut out a chunk of skin on the edge of the hairline. What grew back is scar tissue that grows really, really thick orange bristles. These are like the wire in a copper wire brush. They itch as they are growing and have been an annoyance for the five or ten years or so since it happened.

Yet I prefer hairdressers to dentists any day.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                    There's ALWAYS cake.....and sweets and treats - daily. This is one of the unhealthiest projects i've worked on.
                    As I speak there are 7 empty (big) tins of Quality Street/ Roses on the "dining" area, and one of the managers has brought in a "hallowe'en mix" of sweets. I'm sure the members of this team must have put on loads of pounds over the time i've been here!
                    As I have contracted around England & Wales I have discovered the further north you go, the more generous people are with free nosh in the office.

Darn Sarf there's nothing to be had beyond small bowls of sunflower seed kernels and bird seed. And in London, nothing at all.

In Leeds there was little need to buy food at all during the week as you could sustain yourself on the cakes, biccies, sweets and other freebies brought in daily and left available in just about every office.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

DIY task #1: unblocking of shower waste in loft shower room. DONE
                      DIY task #2: reattachment of waste to sink in downstairs loo. PENDING

Comment

Working...
                      X