• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Clientco went to VS8 in 2007 and I thought they were one of the last places......
    We mainly use VS2005/2008 for new stuff here (along with another application platform that I won't dignify with words) but we have a lot of legacy apps from the VS6 era (and probably before). One of which I will be looking at today
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Population
      1818 Revenues
      419950 € Unemployment 1 %
      Transport 99 %
      Crime rate 1 %
      Pollution 1 %

rank=310
      +1.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        My first job today (OK, second job after making a cuppa) is to install Visual Studio 6. Oh the indignity of it!
        Great start - none of the optical drives in my ClientCo PC seem to work, so I've had to ask one of my colleagues to copy the VS6 installation files onto a memory stick for me.

Comment

My first job today (OK, second job after making a cuppa) is to install Visual Studio 6. Oh the indignity of it!
          I have borne that indignity for some time now. Very rarely use it though - unlike you!

Comment

We mainly use VS2005/2008 for new stuff here (along with another application platform that I won't dignify with words) but we have a lot of legacy apps from the VS6 era (and probably before). One of which I will be looking at today
            Which I have to use. It is shocking. And the name bears the ultimate irony!

Comment

Morning all

Have I missed anything?

Comment

Great start - none of the optical drives in my ClientCo PC seem to work, so I've had to ask one of my colleagues to copy the VS6 installation files onto a memory stick for me.
                So your optical drivers have been watching you. Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Morning all

Have I missed anything?
                  Morning Zeity.

Up to date now - morning all!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    That's a thought, I could use the vacuum cleaner...

There was a very doubtful vacuum cleaner thingie doing odd things on the Teletubbies the other day...
                    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    It's called Noo-Noo
                    Well it appeared to be giving one of the Teletubby thingies a suck job...

I was shocked & horrified.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                      I have borne that indignity for some time now. Very rarely use it though - unlike you!
                      Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                      So your optical drivers have been watching you. Imitation is the highest form of flattery!
                      drives

And good morning to you
                      Last edited by voodooflux; 13 January 2009, 08:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X