• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shameless drivel really.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Shameless drivel really.
      Shouldn't be allowed.

Comment

I see the ebay thread has stalled at 13 pages. Will it go further?

Comment

Well, I've drivelled enough for one day methinks.

Comment

Goodnight to you all, and catch you tomorrow

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Comment

Arse - was just taking a mate through the finer points of DNS configuration for his domain via a chat on Windows Live Messenger, when the messenger fell on it's arse just as we got to critical bit. I'll have to "phone" him now and actually "talk" to him.
                Perhaps he was following your instructions by noting them down in cmd.exe rather than notepad.exe... releasing the lease on his IP address would probably give Messenger wobblies

Agree about the "phone" and "talk" stuff... I hate phones. We've already replaced that technology with something better, so why do people still keep using it?

Actually, I know the answer to that question: it's because people think that they are so important that you should stop whatever you're doing to attend to their needs, right now. The worst thing is that people accept it - you can be in mid-sentence and somebody will answer the phone. Why? "Because it was ringing."

It's Pavlov writ large.

It never seems to occur to them that, as they have voicemail, they can dismiss the call until a more suitable time. Worse, it never occurs to them that they are being obnoxious gits devoid of social graces.

I don't know if this is still the case, but Microsoft used to have a "no phoning developers" rule: a phone call would break the flow, so you'd send them an email, which they could deal with when they had their head out of the code. It was the equivalent of "If the office door is open come in and talk, if it's closed then leave me alone."

Now that we have people who will turn their phone off but then interrupt a one-to-one conversation to see if somebody's emailed them because their phone was turned off... well, we're all going to hell in an e-handbasket

Then again: "Windows Live Messenger" - no wonder it failed. Microsoft have never yet created a product that works well in relation to the Internet . On the odd occasion that they have they've buggered it up later by trying to create lock-in.

People think I hate Microsoft because they're Evil Money Grubbing Bastards. That's not true. All capitalists are EMGB. I hate Microsoft because their products are shit.

Comment

BrilloPad 17,094
                  zeitghost 14,390
                  Diver 10,946
                  cailin maith 10,810
                  DS23 10,001
                  BrowneIssue 8,564
                  TheFaQQer 8,259
                  NickFitz 7,764
                  FiveTimes 6,386
                  Bear 5,375
                  voodooflux 2,946
                  El_Diablo 2,939
                  11th place to VDF

Even I am getting worried I might be caught.......

Comment

Nothing quite like it
                    voodooflux
                    Contractor Among Contractors

century

Comment

Population
                      1617 Revenues
                      373300 € Unemployment 1 %
                      Transport 99 %
                      Crime rate 1 %