• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Am I talking to myself again?
    At least you get an intelligent conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Luckily its old and we were going to replace it, not sure if to make an insurance claim
      Could have been worse then eh - would have been a real pisser if it had been new flooring.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Rage leads to Anger.
        Anger leads to Hate.
        Hate leads to Suffering.

That way, the path to the dark side, is.
        Sums up how I arrived at clientco......

Comment

I had a good news email this morning from the DBERR (formerly the DTi).

I'm pleased that they might actually do something about it!!
          I can't find the whistle blowing smilie

Comment

Thanks

If I make it back to work, they may rescind the notice. They have brought in another guy from our team to cover for me, and then a permie to replace him.

If I get back, then the team lead will try to get me to stay - it's the PM that he needs to convince, not me.

So far, the notice has been in a phone call on Friday to say that they would send me an email on Monday to put it in writing. I've not received the email yet, and (of course) they need to put it in writing to the agency.

I'll leave it another week and point out that they haven't given notice in accordance with the contract yet
            I hope it all works out.........

Comment

morning/afternoon all

How are you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                WHS

Sounds like you're making rapid progress back to full strength FaQ - you'll be back on the front line in no time.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  .. about people deleting posts.

It will never work...........

Comment

I do, and I was prepared to be quite vocal about the deadline but decided to hold it back (a little)
                    FiveTimes
                    Contractor Among Contractors

century

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Thanks - whatever happens will happen.

If it all ends early, then I know that I will make it to the Christmas performance at school for DD1, which I missed last year (when she was in nursery).

If it ends early, I know that I'll have a while at home with my family, as I'm not planning to look before the end of January at the earliest.

If it ends early, I will have plenty of time to work on Plan B - which I'll tell you about if I make it to the Christmas do, as I'm really pleased with it, but can't disclose anything about it here (and don't want to go the AtW route of promising and then not delivering )

If it doesn't end early, I'll be working until the end of March and then it's Easter holidays.

Whatever happens, it's a win-win situation. Part of me is really hoping that it ends early, so I can spend some quality time with the family without feeling guilty - "it's not my fault I'm not working...." rather than "I could be working and I'm taking time off..."

That said, could do with some cash now that the plumber is starting next week to replace the bathroom.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X