• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I wonder what the weather forecast is for tomorrow?
    looks quite dry round LOndon

Comment

Comment

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

It's teeming down out there

Wonder if the are still hanging around downstairs...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's teeming down out there

Wonder if the are still hanging around downstairs...
            I just walked home from town.

Fecking soaked and drunk.

My bed awaits.

Comment

I'm off to bed now

Watched enough crap TV for one night
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Evening All (even though it is about 1 in the morning over there!).

Made it here - no thanks for Air Chance. Imbeciles.

Been driving around L.A. all day; its tough at the top.... apparently.

Comment

Well, the Police seem to have decided to head off - we are now officially defenceless

Having this afternoon made their way into the uninhabited Flat 2 (doubtless for the best of reasons), the door to said flat has had a padlock fitted to it (of a most unusual design - it appears to involve a big bit of plastic acting as a seal (in the official sense), which I am tempted to break just to see if millions of coppers turn up as it sends an alarm call - "Sorry officers, I'm a technologist and wondered if it might be something cool that I could tell The Register about" )

Ah well, what can one say but what I seem to be thinking a lot this week: Ho hum

Comment

Still, I managed to catch my local journalist acquaintance as he was leaving the pub tonight, and suggest that he might find a story if he asks the Police about it.

I've noticed that recently the local rag has been making a point of saying things like "Details of the incident were released when {Local Rag} journalists asked the Police for information" with such a strong suggestion that the Police are trying to keep things under wraps that even the local "spEak You’re bRanes" mob have noticed it

He said he'd check it out... maybe he or one of his colleagues can find out something more than "I'm sorry, we can't say" which is all I've been getting from the coppers here and is, frankly, a bloody cheeky thing to say when you're sitting in the house where I live, I've given you every possible assistance, and during the past week I've called in a street fight on 999 which allowed you to collar everybody in the act, and I've helped one of your detectives on a cold case

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                      Evening All (even though it is about 1 in the morning over there!).

Made it here - no thanks for Air Chance. Imbeciles.

Been driving around L.A. all day; its tough at the top.... apparently.
                      Neil Innes wrote a song about LA called City of the Angels which was on his BBC TV show The Innes Book of Records back in 1979 or 1980.

For those of you who don't know who Neil Innes is: he was a founder of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, and was generally regarded as the Seventh Python (as in Monty Python) - he was the minstrel who followed Brave Sir Robin around in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, as well as numerous other Pythonic activities.

Oh, and The Rutles - how could I have forgotten The Rutles

Anyway... he released an MP3 version of City of the Angels on his site, but it was linked from his message board, not from the main site. Now he's upgraded his message board and the link can't be found.

So, as he was clearly willing to make this version available, I hope he won't mind if I make it available to you.

Neil Innes, City of the Angels (MP3, 2.8 MB)

I've never been there, but I like the song

(It's mono, not stereo - TV was in mono back then.)
                      Last edited by NickFitz; 2 November 2008, 04:37. Reason: The Rutles, FFS

Comment

Working...
                      X