• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fish and chips time mmm yum

later all
    That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
      Evening Nick

Was it bumbling bear?
      More like rambling - he was wandering around TPD rattling door handles and looking through keyholes

CM and The FaQQer were already out on the razz, having come down from Manc for the do. My ThenClientCorp were hosting an internal web development conference, and then I was off to the do, so I wasn't posting much either. AP and Zeity were around as well, though.

Comment

2 hours no tpd post

Comment

HIGNFY at 9pm

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

2 hours no tpd post
            Hi Scourer

FFS...

Much banging and rattling of the door (which I now have a large piece of wood jammed against, to go with the locks and bolt). Approaching it after silencing the telly, I heard a male and a female voice.

Opening up, I found a detective and a female PC out there looking most surprised to see me (I'd spoken to them in the hall this afternoon).

"Oh, isn't this Flat 4?"

"No..."

"Oh, good job I didn't kick the door in then! Sorry to have bothered you!"

So now the coppers have taken it upon themselves to start scaring the crap out of me during Coronation Street...

Comment

Evening

Kids are now full of sweets after a successful evening of scaring the neighbours.
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Hi Scourer

FFS...

Much banging and rattling of the door (which I now have a large piece of wood jammed against, to go with the locks and bolt). Approaching it after silencing the telly, I heard a male and a female voice.

Opening up, I found a detective and a female PC out there looking most surprised to see me (I'd spoken to them in the hall this afternoon).

"Oh, isn't this Flat 4?"

"No..."

"Oh, good job I didn't kick the door in then! Sorry to have bothered you!"

So now the coppers have taken it upon themselves to start scaring the crap out of me during Coronation Street...
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Access to Flat 4 has now been achieved, judging from the loud banging sounds on the landing as I was doing the washing up

It's nice to know that if somebody breaks your door down, beats you up, and steals your stuff, the CID will be more than happy to come back a couple of nights later and break it down again

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post

That's just belt & braces - I wouldn't have bothered except it was leaning by the door anyway, having been there since I moved in over three years ago. I brought it from my old place (where a builder had left it) for some reason I can no longer remember, put it there for no good reason other than that I couldn't be bothered to carry it any further, and it's just been leaning there ever since. Turns out it's just the right size to wedge under the lock

Given that the unwanted visitors knew exactly where they were going and what they were doing, I'm more worried about the Police now

I've also written the flat number on the door with a whiteboard pen in the hope of avoiding further confusion

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I'm more worried about the Police now
                      I think they are worried about you! Wherever you go they get called out.....

Comment

Working...
                      X