• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byeeee

Have I mentioned the waterfall in the gents bog?

A gland has broken on the flush on the urinals up by the cystern...

I nearly had a wet leg earlier today...

Comment

I'm off too.... catch ye later!!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Hello again

Just had a visit from a detective

He diligently noted the fact that I hadn't seen anything worthy of note.

Apparently I was wrong about the Police having broken the doors in. All he told me was that "several people" had come here and "some people" (presumably my neighbours & their friends) had been assaulted, and "some property" had been stolen.

Given that he asked if I'd seen any black people hanging around, I think we can safely assume that my neighbours have got on the wrong side of some gang in the course of some dodgy dealing, and that retribution has been exacted

Also, taking the rubbish out after the detective had gone, I noticed that the outhouse in the back yard (the old stable, with an additional lean-to built on to it, and therefore quite roomy) has also been broken open. It's used from time-to-time as a workshop by the builder for whom my neighbours appear to work (at least on occasion), but it just seems to have some junk in it at the moment.

Ho hum - still no sign of the neighbours returning
        Soon all of TPD will be expecting regular updates, this could be a mini series - CSI Fitz
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          I'm off too.... catch ye later!!
          Ciao chica
          That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Byeeee

Have I mentioned the waterfall in the gents bog?

A gland has broken on the flush on the urinals up by the cystern...

I nearly had a wet leg earlier today...
            Bye Zeity
            That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

The detective asked me to make notes of what I could remember (which is that I didn't see anything of interest) in case they need me to make a statement.

As I need to have a good idea of when I got into the flat, I need to work out how accurate the CUK server clock is at the moment, as the time of my first post on returning home will be within a few minutes of that.

So I'm posting this to see if it has the right time on it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The detective asked me to make notes of what I could remember (which is that I didn't see anything of interest) in case they need me to make a statement.

As I need to have a good idea of when I got into the flat, I need to work out how accurate the CUK server clock is at the moment, as the time of my first post on returning home will be within a few minutes of that.

So I'm posting this to see if it has the right time on it
                Yes it does...

Well nearly anyway

HTH
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Yup, the time is right - wasn't there some controversy to do with the first post at New Year, due to the server clock being several minutes out?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    Yes it does...

Well nearly anyway

HTH
                    Cheers - I posted as the Mac's clock was counting up to 17:29; the URL change that indicates that the post has been accepted, and redirects one back to the forum, came at 17:28:58, and the post was marked 17:29, so that's close enough

Comment

I can't decide whether to have stew or sausage and mash for dinner

It'll be sausage stew, BTW - dare I dignify it with the name "sausage casserole", or is there more to it than that?

Comment

Working...
                      X