• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus Fscking H Christ Almighty the Third, it's cold out there <- hypothermia smiley

(Although, having once almost died of hypothermia myself, I'm still not sure that it looks like that - but it's close )

Anyway, it's sodding cold out there

Comment

Has anybody else noticed a major influx of spam of various kinds this week? There's always some of it about, but since Sunday I've noticed several trends:
      • Initially, a lot of phishing email spam aimed at Lloyds TSB customers;
      • At the same time, a sudden increase of spam posts to my blog which SpamKarma was sufficiently uncertain about to notify me of (whilst still holding them back as probable spam);
      • A switch of the email spam to phishing for Abbey National customers.

I'm curious because of the coincidence of a sudden influx of email spam that gets past my email filters (sometimes), at the same time as blog comment spam that challenges my blog filters.

I think a new spambot may be at work. Perhaps the previously-reported inactivity of well-known spambots was, indeed, the lull before the storm, and now a new spambot family is launching multiple attacks on all fronts - it's certainly the first time I've seen a phishing email storm coincide with a blog comment storm, and I look out for this crap

(I keep all my spam for research purposes - I have never deleted an email. I've lost quite a few through failing to make regular backups though... but at the moment I have every bit of spam I've received since August 2006, on two separate domains, sitting on my lap )

Comment

I fancy a banana

Aww, aren't they wonderful: joyous, happy little things - let's have some more

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          BrilloPad 16,207
          zeitghost 14,001
          Diver 10,867
          cailin maith 10,216
          DS23 10,001
          BrowneIssue 8,564
          TheFaQQer 7,959
          NickFitz 7,418
          FiveTimes 6,124
          Bear 5,127
          Fortune Green 2,215
          DiscoStu 2,166
          Jog On 2,165
          El_Diablo 1,812
          voodooflux 1,611
          I seem to have dropped off the list
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Night then folks

Oh, all right, one more:

Now go to sleep

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              Hi AP - you latecomer, you

You're here:
              alreadypacked 300

Hope things are good with you - I'm just crashing, but you're on an even 300, which is probably a good sign in some way

See you soon

Comment

Morning all
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Has anybody else noticed a major influx of spam of various kinds this week? There's always some of it about, but since Sunday I've noticed several trends:
                  • Initially, a lot of phishing email spam aimed at Lloyds TSB customers;
                  • At the same time, a sudden increase of spam posts to my blog which SpamKarma was sufficiently uncertain about to notify me of (whilst still holding them back as probable spam);
                  • A switch of the email spam to phishing for Abbey National customers.

I'm curious because of the coincidence of a sudden influx of email spam that gets past my email filters (sometimes), at the same time as blog comment spam that challenges my blog filters.

I think a new spambot may be at work. Perhaps the previously-reported inactivity of well-known spambots was, indeed, the lull before the storm, and now a new spambot family is launching multiple attacks on all fronts - it's certainly the first time I've seen a phishing email storm coincide with a blog comment storm, and I look out for this crap

(I keep all my spam for research purposes - I have never deleted an email. I've lost quite a few through failing to make regular backups though... but at the moment I have every bit of spam I've received since August 2006, on two separate domains, sitting on my lap )

Odd - I was thinking the same thing last night! Does that make me a ?

Think I shall look up some sorting algorithms - back later....

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Morning all
                    Morning Diver

How are you?

How is the job hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                      Then you need to drivel more!! If I listed all the minor drivellers it would take ages!

I usually try to include all those with more than 1000 - though I am tempted to include HC who is doing sterling drivelling at the moment.....

Comment

Working...
                      X