• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Unfortunately, this might involve Zeity migrating from Windows 98 to XP... at least at work
    Win2k at work, I'll have you know...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Dunno if it would be practical to build a full-blown CMS for it... but I got a free full version of MS Expression Web when I went to a conference at MS Reading last year (about £260 retail) so she could have that. I could get the site all sorted out in nice HTML 4.01 with CSS so she can reskin it as she wishes... all usable and accessible, with a sound information architecture.
      Would an off the shelf CMS (Joomla, Drupal, etc) do the trick? Is your sister comforable enough with with HTML/CSS to use Expression Web effectively i.e. without breaking the site and having to call you
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        As the aviators say, any landing you walk away from is a success... any psu test you don't get smoke & sparks out of is a success.
        <- aviator shades

The PSU fan did stutter a bit, but only managed half a turn of a case fan (nothing else connected) so I think it's safe to assume it is an "ex-PSU".

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Hmmmm, the minimum system requirements for the "Three" modems do seem to be Windows 2000.

And I know for a "spare" Win2k box to boot...

Though it is something like a 300MHz PII

Comment

Win2k at work, I'll have you know...
            You're in luck then

EDIT: nevermind, you've already noticed!

Comment

Apparently Daniel Barenboim has just finished conducting a motley crew on the Proms...

Funny.

They didn't sound as heavy as all that.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 14 August 2008, 20:38.

Comment

Mod's!

Can we now have this thread moved to Technical please?

and give us back our post count, mine should be close to 20,000 by now
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Indeed.

Though finding a contract somewhere else would probably be a somewhat better option.

Comment

Would an off the shelf CMS (Joomla, Drupal, etc) do the trick? Is your sister comforable enough with with HTML/CSS to use Expression Web effectively i.e. without breaking the site and having to call you
                    This is the problem - she went to all the trouble of learning Front Page about ten years ago, but I don't know if she's willing to abandon that and move into the 21st century.

So building a custom CMS would be better. I've written so many damn CMSs over the years that I can build something good enough for her purposes in a couple of days max - anything more would actually be overkill. Plus I can add nifty widgets to allow her to easily create and edit things like tables of dosages of various drugs, which are a component of the site. I should be able to make it easy enough for her to get along with.

Comment

And I know for a "spare" Win2k box to boot...

Though it is something like a 300MHz PII
                      You can get skins for the Three modems - can't seem to find a green lizard one though.

Comment

Working...
                      X