• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am off to bed - I expect to sleep in late! If I post before 8am the baby has woken me and is in BIG trouble!

Oh I do love a 3 day weekend...

Comment

I'm off...... night boys
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Hmm... looks a bit suspicious, Scourer and Carling both heading to bed at exactly the same time

Night folks

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Hmm... looks a bit suspicious, Scourer and Carling both heading to bed at exactly the same time

Night folks
          Indeed - CM must have a big hotel room if they've got the baby in there too...
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Well I will get NOTHING from three

But for 2 weeks - so something I use 50 weeks at home - is it worth it?

Brillo

got
            a

!!!

Merely for completeness or something

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Comment

I am off to bed - I expect to sleep in late! If I post before 8am the baby has woken me and is in BIG trouble!

Oh I do love a 3 day weekend...

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                I'm off...... night boys

Night folks

Comment

So it can see the ethernet - but cannot pick up wireless. hmmmmm
                  Yet it can connect to wireless in places other than Carling's home.

I've told her before - she needs to add its MAC address to her wireless router's permitted devices list.

Unfortunately, BT wireless modems (which I believe is what she has) make this very hard for non-Windoze devices - the only way I've found is to first disable the "permitted devices" security, then connect with it (accepting the risk that you have an open wireless access point just then), then re-enable the security - only then will it offer it as one of the devices that should be allowed access. There is no way to simply enter the MAC address manually.

When I've dealt with this before it struck me as the most appallingly-badly implemented security I'd seen in a long time - but it's down to BT being too lazy to test its kit with non-Windows devices, as far as I can see. Shoddy workmanship of the worst kind

Comment

morning everyone......anyone?
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                      morning everyone......anyone?
                      morning KW

Comment

Working...
                      X