• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The cutlery rack is broken...
    Broken on the rack, eh?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Dinner's ready

Sausage casserole today
      Thumbs up! Real food. Man food.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I went to the King's Arms with the missus. I had one of their hme-made burgers with cheese, pineapple and enough chips to bust yer belly. Her ladyship had a lamb shank.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          I went to the King's Arms with the missus. I had one of their hme-made burgers with cheese, pineapple and enough chips to bust yer belly. Her ladyship had a lamb shank.

I like lamb shanks... might get some tomorrow

Has anybody else noticed a distinct shortage of shallots?

Sainsburys put up a notice claiming that it was due to "a worldwide shortage of raw materials".

I assume that this means "a worldwide shortage of shallots" given that they are raw materials
          Last edited by NickFitz; 12 June 2008, 00:57. Reason: "worldwide", not "worldside"... Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I like lamb shanks... might get some tomorrow

Has anybody else noticed a distinct shortage of shallots?

Sainsburys put up a notice claiming that it was due to "a worldside shortage of raw materials".

I assume that this means "a worldside shortage of shallots" given that they are raw materials
            Nick I am noticing some frightening similarities between us.

My sash windows are sticking (haven't got round to sorting them yet), I bought a basil plant from Sainsburys two weeks ago that wilted but recovered after watering and now the issue of shallots.

One greengrocer at my local market is the only place I've managed to get them in the past few weeks.

Any more of these similarities and I'll have to have a go at a techie post
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
              Nick I am noticing some frightening similarities between us.

My sash windows are sticking (haven't got round to sorting them yet), I bought a basil plant from Sainsburys two weeks ago that wilted but recovered after watering and now the issue of shallots.

One greengrocer at my local market is the only place I've managed to get them in the past few weeks.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

Comment

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
                HTTP Status Codes are a good topic at the moment.

I'd always felt that they were a neglected topic, and worth addressing. (Apparently I created a minor amount of gobsmackedness at Y! when I dropped some detailed disquisition appertaining thereto into a discussion on an internal developers' mailing list within a couple of days of arriving.)

More recently, one of my colleagues (who I also know from other directions) at FormerClientCorp was one of the speakers at @media 2008, where he gave a very good explanation of them (and again at BarCampLondon4).

I sat in the front row, with the relevant page of the HTTP 1.1 RFC open on my MacBook, just begging for him to make some egregious error... but he really is very good, and even made a party piece out of the most obscure differentiation between HTTP 1.0 and HTTP 1.1

Identifying said differentiation is left as an exercise for the reader

Comment

I've just got some spam for [email protected] advertising Father's Day Gifts.

Should we get something for sasguru, do you think?

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Lo kids

Comment

Working...
                      X