• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning to Fly...

"that irresistable grasp"... yeah, right.

Comment

There's a most peculiar video that goes with "Learning to Fly"... though PF vids usually are a bit odd.

Starting with Arnold Layne.

Comment

Night

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Night
          Night Zeity

Sounds like a good PF session to me

Comment

What is it with these tossers with ICE (In-Car-Entertainment) systems which appear to have nothing but woofers that leads them to park and stand outside the car, reaching in and twiddling with the knobs as gangsta rap pollutes the air, while they wait for their mate to come out of the kebab shop?

I could hear him 400 yards further down the road... I must remember not to go in that kebab shop, as the service seems to be very slow

Given that I'm probably going to watch a DVD of The Shield right now, it should be clear that I'm willing to accept gangsta rap in certain contexts... but at two o'clock at night on a road that, although it has long runs of retail premises, also has a heck of a lot of people living on it - say, in the flats over the kebab shops?

(I don't live in one of those myself - my flat is the entire original first floor of an Edwardian house with the hugest bay window you've ever seen - but still.)

I think they need to issue the Police with piano-wire lassoes: then they could just drive past, lasso the git and drive on. The wire would slice through the body (the neck in the case of a particularly skilled operative, maybe a whole chunk of arms and torso with the probationer coppers, or even the waist if they were being lazy).

The subject bozo would be left momentarily motionless: then the pressure of the arterial flow (their hearts wouldn't have immediately stopped beating) would force the upper part away from the lower part, probably at about the same moment as the knees began to sag and the whole edifice became unbalanced anyway... and as the lower part of their neatly-sliced corpse began to fall to the ground in one direction, the upper part would topple off and roll across the pavement in the other direction.

Which part would pump out the most blood would depend on which part had the heart in it - but either way, that would just be incidental to the fact of the problem having been solved with a minimal amount of Police time being taken up.

Win for the taxpayer, win for the neighbourhood

Oh, and the bill for the cleanup can be taken care of by putting his ICE system on eBay

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                (I don't live in one of those myself - my flat is the entire original first floor of an Edwardian house with the hugest bay window you've ever seen - but still.)
                Oooo.. I knew which area of the road you live on but now nkow the houses you're talking about.

They're nice they are.

Comment

good morning all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I think they need to issue the Police with piano-wire lassoes: then they could just drive past, lasso the git and drive on. The wire would slice through the body (the neck in the case of a particularly skilled operative, maybe a whole chunk of arms and torso with the probationer coppers, or even the waist if they were being lazy).
                    Yes - but removing the head would make little difference to their brain power....

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      good morning all
                      morning

How are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X