• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Hey Chimp - I was telling lipstick girl about your cleverness on the xfm website.... she was super impressed!!!

That was pretty trivial, to be honest... looks like it's this bit:

Code:
    var latest_videos=".latest_videos";
    var selected_class="selected";
    var last_class="last";
    var unselected_items="li:not(."+selected_class+")";
    var selected_items="li."+selected_class;

function select_video(){
       var firstItem=$(this).parent().children("li:first");
       var firstItemContents=firstItem.children().remove();
       var selectedItemContents=$(this).children().remove();
       $(this).append(firstItemContents);
       firstItem.append(selectedItemContents);
       return false;
    }

$(latest_videos).find(unselected_items).click(select_video);
    $(latest_videos).find(selected_items).click(
       function(){
          openPlayer($(this).find("a").attr("href"));
          return false;
       }
    );

Comment

Looking at it, it could be improved... there's a useless variable definition left over from a previous implementation, and I wasn't very familiar with JQuery (a JavaScript library) at that time, so I could have made better use of it.

Still, it works, and NewClientCorp were happy with it

Comment

My HDD/DVD recorder thingy has suddenly started making a funny buzzing noise... not through the speakers, but the actual box itself

I hope it's not about to blow up - I want to record Derren Brown and Peep Show.

Derren Brown is doing a stage show at the Garrick Theatre over the road from the office at the moment. I'd like to go (I've seen him live before, and he's brilliant), but I don't have anybody to go with, and it's no fun going to these things on your own.

Ho hum

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

My HDD/DVD recorder thingy has suddenly started making a funny buzzing noise... not through the speakers, but the actual box itself
          It's stopped now...

The digibox on top of it was on, and seems to get amazingly hot, so I think he HDD/DVD thingy's fan kicked in. This caused the digibox to vibrate on top of it, which greatly amplified the noise.

After the digibox had been off for a few minutes the noise gradually faded away as the fan did its work.

Phew

Comment

Cool - episode 1 of the new series of Peep Show is a free download on the iTunes Music Store

This is most useful, given that I forgot to record it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I hope it's not about to blow up - I want to record Derren Brown and Peep Show.

Derren Brown is doing a stage show at the Garrick Theatre over the road from the office at the moment. I'd like to go (I've seen him live before, and he's brilliant), but I don't have anybody to go with, and it's no fun going to these things on your own.

Ho hum
              I'll go with you..... anything to get away from here....
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                I'll go with you..... anything to get away from here....

You'll need to be in London for the evening on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday next week, and I'll need to be able to get tickets. Oh, and I can't offer accommodation, other than sharing a bed in a Premier Inn in Edgware... in that case you'll probably need an Oyster card as well, unless you want to pay through the nose for a trip to Zone 5.

Thursday is Leaving-Current-Client-Corp night, and I'll be interested to see how many, if any, of my by-then-erstwhile-colleagues turn up in my London local (as opposed to the place where departing permies go) for a contractor's departure

Still, the good ladies of said local (I believe I've mentioned before that all of the staff from the landlady down are female, except the glass-collector, and that this is a policy) are apparently planning to ensure that I have a pleasant time on the last evening of my sentence

I hope this includes leaving me in peace to read The Grauniad's "Technology" section... that's what I do on a Thursday, but you know what women are like with special occasions.

Still, they mean well...

Comment

Maybe I should try to go back to sleep... mind you, I have been trying to go back to sleep for hours already...

If the gym was open I would get up and go there for a few hours... but stupid gits don't open till 9 on a saturday which is highly inconsiderate if you ask me....

Ok, plans for today....

Gym, breakfast, a little shopping... bought a top from Zara in Lanzarote that I am just not sure about so going to bring that back... do you think they will change it for me? I hope so.... then home... a bit of housey chores.

Then I need to speak to my cousin.... she rang me last night to tell me my uncle has throat cancer.... the man never smoked a day in his life, how unfair is that... Its a tough one too.... he is my biological dads brother.... I am adopted and I am very close to my fathers family but have no contact with him. So I don't know if I should go home or what but I need to speak to my cousin again - the shock was a little over-whelming last night so I think with a clearer head, it would be a good idea to speak to her.

Then see new boy who may well be ex boy, by the end of the evenng if our little "chat" doesn't go well... Girls think I should give him a chance and explain how I feel, I am not so sure... can't be bothered wasting time flogging a dead horse...

Then tonight could go one of 2 ways.... he'll either take on board what I have said or I'll have put a dent in his ego and it will be over...if thats the case - I am going to sit in front of the TV all night in my PJ's..... which I do find strangely appealing

Tomorrow - depends on the weather... and if I go home or not...
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Good morning folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Good morning folks.
                      Hey Churchy
                      Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                      X