• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Stand up? Meeting?

Is this one of those crazy new fangled ideas that crazy places like google do to keep people energised and dynamic.
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Wot's a "standup meeting"?

Every morning the team meet up for (no more than) fifteen minutes. Each person says what they got done the day before, what they plan to do today, and what possible or actual problems could block them. That way everybody knows what's going on in the rest of the team, any possible problems ("I can't do this until Fred does that") are known about and work can be arranged or re-arranged accordingly, and hopefully it keeps things running smoothly.

The idea of having the meeting standing up is that people don't want to have to stand up for too long, so they don't get distracted by discussions, arguments, and pipedreams that are irrelevant to the actual business of the day - all that stuff is kept for planning meetings.

It'a all a bit Californian, but oddly enough it works quite well to keep things chugging along - for example, a couple of days ago I changed my plans of what I was going to work on because it turned out another team member needed to get started on something that had a dependancy on a bit of work I wasn't planning to do until today. I got that sorted sooner rather than later, which meant he wasn't left twiddling his thumbs unable to progress, and I didn't get a project manager interrupting me in the middle of some unrelated bit of work to get things sorted out for him. Much less stressful all round

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      Can I hide here for a while guys, I have two stalkers in general

Come on in - always plenty of room in TPD

Comment

It's all go, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

thank you kind Sir.

it makes it worthgwhile to drivel just to get your compliments...
          Is Hokay...

Comment

It's all go, innit?
            Sew, a needle pulling threaaaaaad
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

la - a note to follow sew?

Comment

I already have diclofenac, glucosamine & diclofenac.

Maybe I should see a physio?
                Vit C, Vit E, Vit B, ibuprofen, horse pill with glucosamine, chondroitin and fish oil, and Vit C + zinc.

Don't think any of it does much, though the ibuprofen did make my tendonitis better the last time...

At least it all stops me being aware of the pain in my knee most of the time.

It's all the frigging stairs in this place.

Comment

Is Hokay...
                  Hokay Cokay?

Comment

la - a note to follow sew?
                    Tea, I drink with jam and breaaaaaaaaaad
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      Ave
                      Hola!

Comment

Working...
                      X