• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      deal or no deal very good - she has a corking board...
      Nope. Can't find that on Urban Dictionary.

C'mon then. What's a "corking board"?
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Missed...
        Or maybe not...

Zeity
        got
        a

Merely for completeness

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Thank you

I enjoyed MP/M.

We used it on an ICL PC (based on a Rair Black Box) and writted our COBOL proggies on it many moons ago. Two of us sharing one box.

I still reckon MP/M is superior to a Windows box.
          Nah! you can grow flowers and sh!t in windows boxes
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I found a rather complex bit of SQL that would identify missing ranges, allowing me to see which pages I needed to get to fill in the gaps.

Unfortunately it's extremely time-consuming on a large dataset, and I managed to kill the site
            That's why old COBOL programmers like me hate SQL.

It's a girl's toy solution to a man's job.

I despair of the inherent inefficiency of SQL.

I know it is because iron is cheap and programmer's ain't, but it still rankles.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Nah! you can grow flowers and sh!t in windows boxes
              Isn't that what SP did after throwing up in Carling Wotsit's sink?

Comment

Aha! All of those pages have HTML entities which aren't valid XML entities, causing the parser to throw its hands up in dismay

This is what happens when people try to use XHTML but serve it with a text/html content type: malformed code simply isn't noticed

XHTML was a nice idea, but is best avoided unless you have a system to confirm the well-formedness of the code, and somebody to fix it when it breaks. Stick with HTML, people, unless you want to suffer the ignominy of being reprimanded by a strict XML parser
                Wow!

That's us told!

Comment

Bears tulip in the woods.

Night follows day.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  IE just fell over...

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    I think I may have upset him! do you think?

He went offline
                    I PM'd him too with some constructive advice.

I don't think he's even logged in again yet.

Comment

No, it's only Bear, who mustn't quote anybody

NickFitz
                      got

Merely for completeness

Comment

Working...
                      X