• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 15 18 30 31 47 9

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      DS23 10,000
      zeitghost 9,157
      Diver 8,588
      BrilloPad 8,553
      I spent from about 7:30 a.m. yesterday to about 01:30 a.. this morning drivelling.

4 days ago I was 3rd on that list.

Now I don't even warrant a mention.

O, how the mighty have fallen.

<sob>, <sob>
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

And have you bought a toy recently? Every single one comes in a steel-hard plastic mould that blunts all your scissors and severs all your fingers. Seriously, you could store Britain’s nuclear arsenal in the packaging used by toy companies and it would be completely safe. And then you have those plastic tie strips used to secure the product to the box. By the time you’re past those the child is 28 years old.

So, what’s to be done? Well, amazingly you are legally allowed to remove all the packaging in the shop and leave it on the counter. But this will infuriate those stuck behind you in the queue. Or you could refuse to buy anything that has been packaged, but I fear that pretty soon you’d be naked and starving.

So how’s this for a plan? Companies should be fined if any of their branded litter is found on the street. This would soon encourage them to remove all unnecessary packaging. And if they found that impossible, they’d have to ensure their products were sold only to people intelligent enough to dispose of the waste properly.

I’m pretty certain that if this scheme were introduced we’d have the makers of milk chocolate Bounty, Flora margarine and Kentucky Fried Chicken out of business inside a week.

Comment

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle3510775.ece

This could well prompt a thread in general.

Comment

Just had to dump some rubbish down the road.
            tpdVille has loads of places to fly tip
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle3478632.ece

Mrs Mills rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                He has a penchant for droopy things apparently

Well done!
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

For many years, I have been devoted to my terrier, Tom. He has been an important part of my life, and if anything happened to him, I would be devastated. All was absolutely fine until the birth of my daughter, June, last year. Since then, Tom has been moody and withdrawn. I think he is becoming increasingly jealous of the new arrival. Things have got worse recently, with him snarling at June when they are in the same room. I fear it is only a matter of time before things get tragically out of hand. Please advise.

PW, by e-mail

One of them is going to have to be put down. I wouldn’t want to be too prescriptive, but you might bear in mind that dogs are generally cheaper to keep, although probably not so good at looking after you in your dotage.

Comment

I have been seeing my lawyer boyfriend for almost six months now and all is going swimmingly. He is divine, and I am incredibly happy. However, a potential problem looms on the horizon. He lives in a two-bedroom flat that he bought last summer, and for some time he has been talking about getting a lodger, partly for the cash, partly for the company and partly as an incentive to get some work done to the flat. Last week, an old university friend of his recommended someone to call about renting the spare room. My boyfriend and the potential lodger met and, apparently, got on well. Indeed, it all sounds perfect: they share the same profession, the lodger will be working less than a 10-minute walk away from the flat (particularly useful for letting in tradesmen while extensive renovation work goes on) and the rent is suitable for both parties concerned. However, it turns out that the individual concerned is “a young, rather attractive blonde woman”. I am perturbed. Am I right in feeling slightly unnerved by this situation? We are having supper with her this week, so she can be vetted. My boyfriend has said that if it makes me feel uncomfortable, he will turn her down. Am I being unreasonable?

FE, London

I know what you are thinking: “My boyfriend shares a flat with an attractive blonde. There will be an occasion when they both stagger in after a hard day at the coalface of the law. They will share a bottle of wine. They’ll share legal dilemmas, and end up sharing a bed.” And you’re spot-on. Case dismissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      Anyway, how are things with you EO?
                      Good mate, thanks - feel somewhat unprepared for work today, but not bad. Went to a mate's for dinner last night - got in another mate's car to go home - 30 seconds into the journey realised that I hadn't picked up my jacket - went back, but everyone had gone to bed - slept on a 2 seater sofa and drove a random car into work as the house/car keys were in my coat pocket. Tw@t.
                      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Working...
                      X