• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    The answer was on a scale
    A- Not going to happen
    up to
    E - Sure thing.
    Hang about.

"E - Sure thing."

A "sure thing" is something we can feel 'sure' about, i.e. confident. That suggests high likelihood, not a 100% definite. What a carp scale for them to be using anyway.

I would have thought a "sure thing" would be "over 85%" (depending upon the risk of failure, of course).

sure —adj. 1 (often foll. by of or that) convinced. 2 having adequate reason for a belief or assertion. 3 (foll. by of) confident in anticipation or knowledge of. 4 reliable or unfailing. 5 (foll. by to + infin.) certain. 6 undoubtedly true or truthful. —adv. colloq. certainly.  be sure (in imper. or infin.; foll. by that + clause or to + infin.) take care to; not fail to. for sure colloq. certainly. make sure make or become certain; ensure. sure enough colloq. in fact; certainly. to be sure admittedly; indeed, certainly.  sureness n. [French from Latin securus]
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Thats it Monkey, you help me reinforce the stereotype

Failte
      Cead Mile Failte

Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Thats it Monkey, you help me reinforce the stereotype

Failte
        Or would you prefer a good morning in my sort of normal accent ?

<cilla black mode>

Allrite lar, youz alrite ?

</cilla black mode>

Comment

Comment

well the tulips are hitting the fan here...

In fact I think the entire tulip production of Holland for last 10 years has just been splattered...

Comment

of course I am helping the permies out - NOT!

Comment

I must keep on my toes - plenty of chance for the innocent to get caught

Comment

please could someone visit http://tpdville.myminicity.com/ind - unemployment now 2%

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    of course I am helping the permies out - NOT!
                    don't you want to keep them on side ?

Comment

BTW - good morning everyone

Comment

Working...
                      X