• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    The end is in sight.... finally!
    Woo hoo!

Only a few more days to go.

I'll celebrate the completion of your work by going to New York for a few days
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Does this help?

"Fare strikers target rail service.

The protest is the second by First Great Western commuters.

Rail commuters have begun a "fares strike" with some wearing cattle masks to protest about overcrowding, high prices, and unreliability on trains.

Bristol-based passenger group More Train Less Strain (MTLS) has organised the day of action against the First Great Western (FGW) rail firm.

It claimed about 2,000 commuters took part in the first strike a year ago.

FGW has blamed ageing rolling stock and staff shortages for many problems, but said the issues were being addressed."
      I heard about that this morning.

As a wonderful example of the travel system in this country, a guy in the lounge here has just come back from Vegas. He's trying to get to Derby by train.

The cheapest and easiest way to do it - fly from Manchester to London, and then catch a train from London to Derby. Apparently there is no train from Manchester to Derby.

Apart from not being easy today because of the weather.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I could have had another two hours in bed

But I did get to see DD1 this morning - she heard me going downstairs, so came down for a cuddle to say goodbye before I left. DD2 was awake, but I was hoping she would fall asleep so I didn't go and see her.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Morning everyone

How is everyone this fine (nearly) spring morning?

OK - so it's another 2 months til spring but what the hell, it feels like it's nearly here!!
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning Everyone

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              morning CM

really sorry about the toyboy

plenty more fish etcetc
              Devestated I'm sure

Pah, not exactly crying into me cornflakes....I'm grand
              Did you buy yourself those shoes as a breakup gift to yourself? Seems like the only thing to do.

The end is in sight.... finally!
              You mean you and the other finance peeps have finally figured how to open the windows on the upper floors? Dreadful way to go if you ask me.

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              But I did get to see DD1 this morning - she heard me going downstairs, so came down for a cuddle to say goodbye before I left. DD2 was awake, but I was hoping she would fall asleep so I didn't go and see her.
              Numbering people? You are Moose and I claim my 5 letters.

I'm still upset you refused my request for dancing fruit last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                Morning everyone
                Morning!

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Morning all
                Morning!

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                Morning! oh, and have a for breakfast.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Woo hoo!

Only a few more days to go.

I'll celebrate the completion of your work by going to New York for a few days
                  Your generosity knows no bounds, does it??

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Did you buy yourself those shoes as a breakup gift to yourself? Seems like the only thing to do.
                  Not yet.... I booked 2 cheapo hols to Crete instead and still have leftover cash - struggled to justify 450 quid
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
                    Did anyone watch the program about sensory deprivation the other day? Where they put people in dark soundless rooms for 48 hours?

That's what the bench is like. I keep seeing contracts on Jobserve but when I click apply, they don't exist. Instead they are replaced by blurred images of Richard and Judy.
                    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    hi Zorba

how are you? :ave:

I did see the program - keep going - you will get there! just keep pestering the pimps.

I found watching that programme remarkably like being locked in a darkened room for 48 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                      You try to hold a decent conversation and everyone crawls off to bed.

Dammit, people! The clubs are only just opening up!
                      I haven't been to a club since the early 1990s... thankfully.

Comment

Working...
                      X