• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    boy dreamt he was in a thunderbirds episode - the uninvited...
    Episode 5 - "The Uninvited"
    Premiere: 2 December 1965
    Thunderbird 1 is shot down over the Sahara desert where Scott is rescued by two archaeologists. He has a chance to repay their kindness when the men are taken prisoner by the Zombites, who launched their attack on the International Rescue craft from the lost Pyramid of Khamandies.

I don't remember that episode at all.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I see TPDVille is back up to full employment and a 100% transport network.

Anyone know how AtW's place is doing?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Morning
        Morning sunshine
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Thunderbirds - Series 1 - Episode 5 - The Uninvited

Thunderbirds - Series 1 - Episode 5 - The Uninvited

As Scott returns from the scene of a fire in Tokyo, Thunderbird 1 is shot down in the Sahara Desert by three unidentified fighter planes. Scott cracks his head as Thunderbird 1 crashes into the sand dunes, but he is able to open the cabin hatch before passing out. He is found by two archaeologists, Wilson and Lindsey, who administer first aid. They radio International Rescue and Virgil, Brains and Tin-Tin soon arrive in Thunderbird 2. After the International Rescue group return to Tracy Island, the archaeologists continue their search for the lost pyramid of Khamandides, but their supplies trailer breaks loose from their jeep and explodes, leaving the pair stranded without water. Their SOS call is picked up by Alan on Thunderbird 5 and Scott is soon on his way in Thunderbird 1. Meanwhile, Wilson and Lindsey discover the pyramid of Khamandides but the door through which they enter the pyramid swings shut behind them, trapping them inside!

Notes
          The working title of this episode was 'Desert Of Danger'. Although the pyramid people are named as 'Zombites' in the script and the symbol on their helmets is a stylised 'Z', they are never actually referred to as 'Zombites' in the episode. For the mission to rescue Scott, Tin-Tin wears the same blue uniform that she was seen in on board Thunderbird 3 in Sun Probe - this is presumably the female equivalent of the Tracy brothers' International Rescue uniforms. John's dialogue indicates that Scott occasionally takes turns at manning Thunderbird 5.

The Zombites' jet fighters are adapted and re-sprayed WASP aircraft from Stingray. The explorers' jeep later becomes The Hood's jeep in The Mighty Atom, Martian Invasion and Cry Wolf.

Oops!
          When Tin-Tin responds to news of Scott's disappearance, a floor puppeteer's hand (with dirty fingernails!) can be seen in the bottom of the screen lifting Tin-Tin from her seat. Between arriving on board Thunderbird 3 and climbing into the elevator to travel up to the control room, Alan completely changes his clothes from a purple suit to green checked shirt and beige trousers. Similarly, Scott returns from Thunderbird 3 wearing different clothes from those that he left in, swapping a yellow suit and orange shirt for his usual blue roll-neck and checked jacket. The symbols on the walls of the Zombites' control room are the reverse of the symbol on their helmets.

Original UK Airdate: December 2nd, 1965 - 7.00pm (ATV Midlands)

7 pm!
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Morning sunshine
            How's work?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

permie amoebas(sp? amoebi?)
              I think 'amoeba' would be the plural so...

'amoebum' must be the singular ...

which is a corruption of 'Oh me bum!' ...

which is the cry of people with amoebic dysentery ...

which is the posh Latin spelling for "Oh me bum hurts, especially around its entry".

HTH

Comment

I have been in city since 1st Jan 1987.
                20 years. <shakes head in wonder>

I managed about 10 months in a fund management company before I became a gibbering wreck.

Did you celebrate the anniversary?

Comment

How's work?
                  The end is in sight.... finally!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Well I'm going to put the next three hours to some good and finally do my accounts.

I'm glad that I put them in my bag this week, having neglected them for some months - I haven't paid any expenses since April, but guessed at how much the company owed me. £4000 - I was out by £300 but have three months expenses still to process....
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Plane due to take off at 0855.
                      Current take off slot 1110.
                      Oh, the joys.
                      Does this help?

"Fare strikers target rail service.

The protest is the second by First Great Western commuters.

Rail commuters have begun a "fares strike" with some wearing cattle masks to protest about overcrowding, high prices, and unreliability on trains.

Bristol-based passenger group More Train Less Strain (MTLS) has organised the day of action against the First Great Western (FGW) rail firm.

It claimed about 2,000 commuters took part in the first strike a year ago.

FGW has blamed ageing rolling stock and staff shortages for many problems, but said the issues were being addressed."

Comment

Working...
                      X