• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Would Nicky G be welcome in tpd?

I know this thread likes to give a warm welcome to everyone - but are there exceptions?
    He'll have to suck it and see is the answer.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I will be going very soon... got to be up at 5:30am to be in at 6:30am
      Have a now before I miss you later.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Nooooooooooooo!!!!!

MUST NOT WATCH DAYTIME TV WHEN ON THE BENCH.
        Hi BrowneIssue,

That's just it - I don't. But I am hallucinating it. It's not helped by my student cousin hanging around - he's a slacker master. Only gets up at 1pm, took us 2 weeks to go to the frickin' cinema.

Can't bring myself to do any DIY either. Doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
          Not doing too bad thanks - trying to avoid posting here as I don't want to jinx everyone with my bench dwelling.
          You are most welcome to try and jinx my bench dwelling!

Comment

Did anyone watch the program about sensory deprivation the other day? Where they put people in dark soundless rooms for 48 hours?

That's what the bench is like. I keep seeing contracts on Jobserve but when I click apply, they don't exist. Instead they are replaced by blurred images of Richard and Judy.
            Hi Zorba

Didn't see the programme, but thanks for reminding me of it - I'll watch it on the iPlayer later

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Hi Zorba

Didn't see the programme, but thanks for reminding me of it - I'll watch it on the iPlayer later
              Hi NickFitz

This iPlayer thing, then - reckon it's worth it?

Comment

Hi BrowneIssue,

That's just it - I don't. But I am hallucinating it. It's not helped by my student cousin hanging around - he's a slacker master. Only gets up at 1pm, took us 2 weeks to go to the frickin' cinema.

Can't bring myself to do any DIY either. Doomed.
                There's a bunch of techniques for dealing with being benched. Examples / ideas:

a) Apply for one job per day. It has to be a realistic job! And you have to speak to the agent. Having done so, have the rest of the day off.

b) Treat it as a full-time job: 35 hours Monday to Friday. No more, no less. This is what I aim to do. (I usually do more like 60 hours Sunday to Friday lunchtime.)

c) Do what you can from 09:00 until Slacker Master gets up, then stop trying.

d) Half hour on, one hour off. If you spend 30 minutes looking for a job, you can have a reward of 60 minutes doing something else.

Bugger the DIY. Finding an income is far more important. Then pay Diver's wife to do your DIY!

Comment

Off to bed now - far too used to early nights and late (7.30am) rises. I even take the kids to school - help!

Comment

Off to bed now - far too used to early nights and late (7.30am) rises. I even take the kids to school - help!
                    Good night!

Comment

Hi NickFitz

This iPlayer thing, then - reckon it's worth it?
                      Not sure, as I haven't really tried it yet. I was one of the group testing the BBC online archive project over the last few months, and that was pretty good.

Night

Comment

Working...
                      X