• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that, of course, will be perfectly legit. <whistle>

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      What happens if they produce better idiots?
      Then I'll put poison in their drinks machine.

Comment

What happens if they produce better idiots?

Thus is the cycle of life
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Maybe I'm being too harsh, maybe it's normal to reach the age of 45, in a senior management role, having to use computers for at least 10 years in that role, and still not know how to attach something to an email, not knowing what a URL (URI for geeks) or (say it slowly) 'web a-d-d-r-e-s-s' is, oh and their job title is WEB Marketing Manager. WTF????????????

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
            Maybe I'm being too harsh, maybe it's normal to reach the age of 45, in a senior management role, having to use computers for at least 10 years in that role, and still not know how to attach something to an email, not knowing what a URL (URI for geeks) or (say it slowly) 'web a-d-d-r-e-s-s' is, oh and their job title is WEB Marketing Manager. WTF????????????
            Public sector?

Comment

It seems to me that, the larger and more successful an organisation is, the more of it is held together with string, spittle, post-it notes and blu-tack behind the scenes.

Comment

Public sector?
                No, worryingly.

Comment

If it were the Public Sector, I wouldn't be surprised. I'd happily expect this level of bumbling incompetence every day.

Comment

twonkaloons, the lot of them. Well, not the whole lot of them, there are some utter stars here, but an awful lot of people who don't seem to do any actual work. The contractors (for the most part) are fairly normal, and the minority of permies (the ones with 5 o'clock shadow, less hair and an unhappy home life) seem to be holding the majority afloat.

Comment

A Web Marketing Manager that doesn't know what a URL is. Is that for real or a wind up?

Comment

Working...
                      X