• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bored with thread domination now

Think I will watch a movie online, if there are any I haven't seen yet

Later
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Never did. I wasted my teens and twenties studying or doing unpaid overtime.

Been to nightclubs twice in my life.

Never done the Club 18-30 thing.

Never been to Spain.

I completely wasted the first 12 years of my adult life.
      Nightclubs suck. I say this from the position of having spent some years in the licensed trade, including a period managing a bar in a nightclub. It was the only club in the entire city worth visiting if you were even slightly above the level of the bovine, but that doesn't mean it didn't suck.

Club 18-30: I can't even begin to imagine which parts of my brain they'd have to excise to make me want to indulge in that particular form of sociomasochism

Spain? Why the fsck would I want to go to Spain? I've sometimes been tempted by the idea of going to see the Sagrada Familia (?sp) but that would be on the basis of plane-cab-architecture-cab-plane. Assuming I could get back in time for last orders.

Wasted 12 years? No. Found better things to do with those 12 years than the societally-pre-conditioned morons who comprise about 99.9% of the population? Yes.

See you at the next premiére...

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        I'm knackered....
        shagged senseless

Oh, no, that was just in my dreams...
        Last edited by NickFitz; 13 January 2008, 03:26.

Comment

Could you rent a room above the pub?
          I used to be the assistant (or deputy? can't remember my "title") manager there, and I know what the rooms above the pub are like

In the fifties the then-landlord hanged himself in the bedroom immediately over the front end of the Public Bar. I occasionally bring this up with ditzy women who are into auras and crystals and stuff like that - it's amazing how they always claim to have "sensed something" even though they never sensed a damn thing before I gave them the cue
          Last edited by NickFitz; 13 January 2008, 04:45. Reason: Can't remember what my job title was

Comment

That download is going to take 6 hours

So I shall go to bed.

And anyway, it's the Missus birthday in about 24 minutes so I suppose I'd better go and show my face.

well... erm... there's no polite way to say this... but I'm guessing it's not your face she wants for her birthday treat.

Parts thereof, perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by Fortune Green View Post
              Oi, my posts aren't drivel!!
              FIGHT! FIGHT!

BI v. FG... what will the harvest be...

Comment

Originally posted by Fortune Green View Post
                Oi, they're not crap either!!
                Well marked up
                Last edited by NickFitz; 13 January 2008, 03:47.

Comment

Quiet in here now... I'm going to get up to speed with my ribs and chips whilst watching UFO

It's the episode I've been looking forward to - the one where the aliens cause hallucinations in the minds of the SHADO operatives, making them believe that, rather than working for a secret organisation called SHADO which defends the world against a deadly alien menace, they're actually just actors making a TV drama about working for a secret organisation called SHADO which defends the world against a deadly alien menace... very postmodern

Comment

Oh good... now there's a premises alarm going off in the immediate vicinity

I don't mind them when I'm sleeping - I can sleep if they're already going when I crash, and get back to sleep if, upon investigation, one that wakes me up proves to be a false alarm.

I'm just worried that it may be irritating when trying to listen to the telly

Still, things could be worse - I could be trying to install Linux

Comment

you can't write off spain like that!

Comment

Working...
                      X