• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I was away for about an hour earlier - major major prod issue.

it was great fun. traders were screaming murder. nice to get something to get my teeth into instead of the humdrum nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      For just how long will it say:

"Installing system ... 15%" ?

There is no drive activity happening.

I think it means 15 steps out of 100 done. Takes no account of how long each step takes. It is what we do on our system here.

Comment

it was great fun. traders were screaming murder. nice to get something to get my teeth into instead of the humdrum nonsense
        I am v v v good at support. just as well really. the permies do not have a clue.

Comment

I cant wait to see the piccies from this...
          You sure? I refer you to my post in your other thread.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-username.html

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            IIRC it didn't work in any useful way for so long that, when they finally did get it working, it was an irrelevant technology - there were other, widespread technologies that offered the same benefits.

Zeity can probably tell you more, though...
            We used to use it a lot in the tills (retail systems programming - great fun!)

I never heard of it again.

(One day I might tell the story about ICL sales reps on tour in Europe with a briefcase of bubble RAM being deported and having their lives ruined as a consequence ... but that's a two pint story so I won't do it here.)
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I am v v v good at support. just as well really. the permies do not have a clue.
              I spotted a few things no-one else would have thought of.

Of course I told the timesheet signer just how invaluable I am...

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                You sure? I refer you to my post in your other thread.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-username.html

Well TF has left now - if he doesn't check back b4 you meet him at the airport he is in for a shock...

... though not as much as when I post the piccies to his wife!

Comment

Today, 12:13 #64300
                  BrilloPad
                  Godlike

century

Comment

Ubuntu

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    For just how long will it say:

"Installing system ... 15%" ?

There is no drive activity happening.
                    Still no drive activity.

I can move the window around and CAPS LOCK works.

I can fire up apps.

Hmm.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Ubuntu

I think it means 15 steps out of 100 done. Takes no account of how long each step takes. It is what we do on our system here.
                      More likely step 1 of 6, I suspect.

Not much use having a user pacifier that doesn't do anything.

Still at 15%.

Comment

Working...
                      X