• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A project manager I worked with a few years back deliberately took advice to the steering committee that was against what the business wanted (he was a contractor, I was permie).

No ideas why, but he essentially forced the business down such a bad route that they will never be able to upgrade the system - it they need to do that, they need to bin it and start again.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      And he's still in a job....

Public sector?
      BEFORE I scroll down and look - I would put money on PRIVATE sector. The public sector has changes so much this past ten years they've left the private sector behind. Much as many would not want to believe it the public sector is now far more professional at project management.

BUT: with one exception: health. The most incompetent of the lot at every level.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        How's the testing gone today, then? Or did you lose all the test data?
        It's surprising just how painful it is when beer comes out of your nose.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

then, iirc, "you're all full of ball."

Comment

By all means finish this one off:

There once was a contracting geezer.
            Who applies for each job as he sees 'er.
            When he saw one on Jobsite
            It had gone before the night

Comment

as for the test data - there is a distinct possibility that it has all gone. we will should out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                No, Asset Management. The image projected to the rest of the country is that the people working there are the creme de la creme. Its not the case.

But he is a fairly new hire so that puts his manager in a difficult spot. Either they stick with him and live with it, or they admit a bad decision.
                Yet another spineless tosser in business. Who employs spineless tossers.

Thank God for contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  BEFORE I scroll down and look - I would put money on PRIVATE sector. The public sector has changes so much this past ten years they've left the private sector behind. Much as many would not want to believe it the public sector is now far more professional at project management.

BUT: with one exception: health. The most incompetent of the lot at every level.
                  Depends which bits - I've done quite a bit over the past couple of years, and it just seems to be such a cash cow for the big consultancies / technology partners.

Oh well.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

if so - so be it. we can start all over again and i will save them from eternal damnation and project overrun.

Comment

a grand a day is still on then.

Comment

Working...
                      X