• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Have you joined the CUK group ?
    Have now
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Not as exciting as my Friday tale of woe, but there you are.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        And walked for another 20 minutes to get to another tube station.
        Do you do this every day? I am really enjoying it!

Used to work with a bloke who used to describe his trip round Hangar Lane gyratory in edtail, every day, with full explanations of what happened at every set of lights, who had not observed the correct lane discipline, any interesting pedestrian manoeuvres (sp?) and any changes to the shops. To be fair, he had no friends and everyone avoided him at the coffee machine but he carried on regardless.
        Last edited by WindyAnna; 20 November 2007, 10:53. Reason: inability to type

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          I'll need it... not looking forward at all.
          I used to work with a world champion kick-boxer.

I'm guessing you're not him.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
            Do you do this every day? I am really enjoying it!

Used to work with a bloke who used to describe his trip round Hangar Lane gyratory in edtail, every day, with full explanations of what happened at every set of lights, who had not observed the correct lane discipline, any interesting pedestrian manoeuvres (sp?) and any changes to the shops. To be fair, he had no friends and everyone avoided him at the coffee machine but he carried on regardless.
            No, only when there is something significant to tell.

The tale of my journey from work to Heathrow on Friday night is legendary.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I used to work with a world champion kick-boxer.

I'm guessing you're not him.
              You are correct in assuming that

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                try it and see
                I got committed into going to a chav wedding a few years back. At the reception, every few minutes someone would pop out the back of the Community Centre and a different person would come back in. I assumed it was people going outside for a smoke. Strange, 'cos we were smoking inside.

After about an hour of this I wandered out for a butcher's and got an education. Three couples in knee-trembler formation with a couple of other people either waiting their turn or getting their breath back.

"You wanna go luv?" called one of the tarts. "Ya up for it?"

I made my apologies and left.

I innocently thought "knee-trembler" was just a figure of speech - I had no idea ...
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

No, only when there is something significant to tell.

The tale of my journey from work to Heathrow on Friday night is legendary.
                  I'll look back for that one then!

Comment

Where I found that the train in front had stalled and there were no trains going through there. Queues out onto the pavement, as the station was full and they weren't letting any more people through.
                    Well, at least that part of your journey wasn't any worse than usual.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna View Post
                      I'll look back for that one then!
                      It starts here.

And ends here.

You have to skip past the posts from Troll that are interspersed with it though.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X